Thread: Iphone 3GS has No display but just backlight works

Iphone 3GS has No display but just backlight works

Hey I own a very good phone rather I would it was good since I had dropped it and because of that I have broken its LCD screen, and thus I have order too many other things also from the ebay and installed it in my mobile, but after that I am having problem with that, I mean to say while i push the home key or the power key, , only the back light of the screen gets turn on but not the display. I have tried all the possibilities known to me but still having the same problem, can any one came across such a situation?

Re: Iphone 3GS has No display but just backlight works

I think according to me the Screen is broken wholly and you must have to buy the new one, I don’t know whether you have bought it or repaired it because by changing some of the parts doesn’t get the solution to your problems, thus I would say you should have to buy the new screen for your mobile in order to get it work again. or just simply first of all make sure that the one you have is working properly or not and then use.

Hey have you ever visited their support center? Because as you have mentioned that after ordering it from the ebay it seems you only have installed it, isn’t it? So I think there only you have made mistake in it and thus the screen is not working, so I would like to recommend you that you should have to visit the support center only, they will change it and off course you have to pay some amount but don’t worry about that it would be always lesser if you compare with the outside technician.

Exactly I would also say the same about this, as you should have to visit the support center only, in fact once I also get the same problem with my Iphone and really they help me with the proper solution and without any pay, and if you have some warranty period remaining for your device than it might be possible that you can get the services for free, but according to me as this is the hardware damage thus you have to some amount for sure.

As you have described in the problem that the back light works but you aren’t getting the display thus this doesn’t means that you have only the hardware problem, yeah after changing the screen display should appear, thus I would recommend you one thing also like you should try to install the latest firmware in your device, as I am not sure but if suppose this would be because of the software than I am sure this would be resolved after re installation.

See as you have mentioned that after ordering it from the Ebay you have installed it on your own, and I have seen on youtube about the assembling, so I think this is the fault in the assembling only, I mean to say while assembling the screen and it gets devastated if you by mistakenly fail to remember or disconnect connectors of the digitalizers then you’ll get the grey screen or the same as yours no display at all. Or if you concern about other possibilities then I would say your digitalizer and LCD is tainted or dented, you must have to change it.