Thread: Timestamp info of K-9 Email app in Motorola Droid X

Timestamp info of K-9 Email app in Motorola Droid X

I just got a Moto Droid X. I look like to be learning fast and the information on this is absolutely supportive. I have downloaded K-9 e-mail application. I am using this intended for my IMAP corporate e-mail account. While I respond to messages, there is no timestamp otherwise additional info on the unique e-mail. Is there whichever method to put in the timestamp info? Furthermore while responding to a message; the respond automatically modifies the whole thing to non-HTML text.

Re: Timestamp info of K-9 Email app in Motorola Droid X

Actually I think that the timestamp information is completely about the mobile phone but not the mail server or something else as I think. If it was about the server then it should have been synchronized with the time server and provide the right time stamp info. I know that in every mail server there is a separate section (may be program or an additional server) which will manage the timestamp info of Mail clients. However if the app is syncing time data with phone then this kind of issue might occur.

In my opinion I don’t think that I can tell you a fix or any solution or reason for timestamp related issue but I can replay for your another question. The Email application will not send any messages or mails in the form of HTML format. It always sends any message in the normal format. If you try to write message in HTML format way, the application will rejects all those HTML codes or commands and send it as normal font. The HTML codes get rejected due to security purpose.

I completely agree with the above post because we can see this HTML thing in many WWW places like webpages, forums or something else. There you will always a have restriction that you cannot post anything in HTML format because of the safety purpose. The Forums or any related webpages does not allow HTML codes on dashboard. This is because nowadays some hackers take the advantage or this feature and post malicious codes instead of Normal HTML which might harm the entire website or any web app.

As far as I know that the K-9 is an open source email client which has been developed on the basis of the Email app shipped through the first release of Android. K-9 is paying attention on building it straightforward to chew through huge amounts of email. I believe that K9 leads to developments in the central part of Android mail client. I think what's ongoing is that K9 is displaying you the time the message was sent while you're inclined to noticing the time the message was just received.

For this issue I think that you should put in a preference in your Mail client. I don’t know whether this will help you to resolve the issue but I hope that it will somehow. To do this put in a preference selecting among showing and sorting by "Sent date", "Received date" (server) otherwise "Downloaded date" (K-9). Furthermore put in an extra sorting option used for sorting by means of Received date, but at rest showing Sent date.