Thread: How to downgrade JailBroken iPhone 4 iOS 5 to 4.3

How to downgrade JailBroken iPhone 4 iOS 5 to 4.3

Hi, I have a iphone 4 and in that I recently installed the IOS 5 but after jail breaking, I am getting too many errors regarding the applications and too many other things also. Thus I have decided to downgrade it to its previous version, but I am not sure about it, I mean to say I want to ask you the same as is it possible to do that? is there anyone who came across any such situation, if yes then I would like if they suggest me some solutions.

Re: How to downgrade JailBroken iPhone 4 iOS 5 to 4.3

Yeah off course you can do the same, but really after seeing this thread, I am wondering because you’re the first person that I have seen who is about to downgrade to the previous version, and after all as far as I know there is no problem in the IOS 5 even though you do jailbreaking. In fact I would say I have done the same with my iphone. It might be possible that the software you have installed is not proper, thus before downgrade I would like to suggest you that you should try to install the new version and then see whether the problem persist or not.

I want to know why you want to do this, off course no doubt you can do that, but iOS 5 is quite powerful and faster than the previous one, but as you have decided already I would like to tell you some of the steps through which you can do that, I would say try it place it into DFU mode and restore through iTunes to whatever the earlier version you want. But still my recommendation is to stick with the one you have, I mean you can simply install the same.

See you can follow this steps, first of all make your device into DFU mode and then connect it to your PC. After that push and seize down the Sleep and Home key for ten seconds, remember don’t leave it until iTunes discover your gadget in recovery mode. And if you see that the phone screen is black that means the phone is successfully set in DFU mode. As soon as your phone gets detected through the iTunes, press the restore button, and yeah make sure that you are using the iTunes 10.3. and after some confirmation it will start restoring the phone.

Hey thanks buddies, as this was really helpful, and I have downloaded the latest ITunes for doing this function, now I am about to restore it, but as the above user mentioned that the Ios5 is also good even after jail breaking, then I would like to ask them like then why I am having problem with my device? But I would like to admit that I am newbie into this jailbreaking so I think I haven’t done it perfectly, isn’t it? So do I downgrade it or again install the same version that I have and then jailbreak it again?

I would say this is quite excellent decision as I was also about to suggest you the same as above users, why you want to downgrade it to the previous version, rather if suppose you are having problem in the current version you can simply change the software and I am sure you haven’t jailbreak it properly thus you are having problem with it, so you should first of all try to install the fresh copy of the IOS5 in your mobile and then jailbreak it, and if suppose you got the same problem, then can always have option to downgrade it.