Thread: phonebook search is weird in nokia C6-01

phonebook search is weird in nokia C6-01

I have recently purchased Nokia C6-01 mobile. It is very nice mobile phone but I am facing one problem with my Nokia C6-01. The problem is with my phonebook. Whenever I open my phonebook in phone at that time It showing me alphanumeric keypad on screen. I am not able to use normal Nokia phonebook search. Is there any way to use phonebook normal Nokia phonebook search in my phone then please help me. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: phonebook search is weird in nokia C6-01

I think you must be having some setting in your mobile to use Nokia phonebook search in your mobile. Normally in this new phones whenever you try to search any contacts in your phone at that time when type first letter of any contact name after that it will show you only those letters which following letters of all the contacts which you have saved in your mobile. It means if you have three contacts name starting with A letter like andy, alexa and adlibs and when you type letter A then it will show you only N, L and D letter. Which is very user friendly; I hope this information will be helpful to you.

I was having the similar problem with my mobile and after that I have tried to fix it by searching on the internet but I didn’t get any solution regarding that and after that my friend told me that I can solve this problem by going in to the phone contacts and after that you have to tap on the search box and after that you will be able to see normal Nokia phone book search. I think after doing that you will not find any difficulties with your phonebook.

The keypad which you are getting in your phone while using your phone book is known as adaptive search option which is included In all new mobiles from Nokia. If you want to disable this then you can do this by doing following steps. First go to the setting in your mobile and after that select phone setting and then you have to go into the touch input option and after that turn off the adaptive search option. I after doing that your problem will get solved easily.

Thank you for the solution. After reading your post I have tried to fix this issue by tapping the search box in phone book but it was not that option which I am looking for. I want normal Nokia keypad on my screen while using phone book. After that I have also tried to solve this issue by turning off the adaptive search option but when I try to turn off the adaptive search in my mobile at that time it is saying me that this option is not available in your phone.

As far as I know in Nokia C6-01 you can turn off the adaptive search option and as you have said that your mobile is not allowing to do this then I think you should try to fix this issue by doing restore factory setting in your mobile. Before you do restore factory setting in your mobile take the backup of all the data in your mobile. If restore factory does not help you then I think you should visit the Nokia service center and after that ask for the solution.

I have done restore factory setting in my mobile and after that also I was getting the same problem and after that I have also tried to fix this issue by updating the mobile software but it didn’t help me. Now after doing that I went to Nokia service center and after that I have discussed about my problem and after that they have fixed this issue and now I can turn off the adaptive search option. Thank you so much for helping me. I really appreciate your help.