Thread: SMART failure message in HP pavilion hard disk

SMART failure message in HP pavilion hard disk

I am using HP pavilion laptop from last few months and my laptop was working fine. I am using windows Vista in my laptop. I am facing one annoying issue with my laptop hard disk. From last few days whenever I start the laptop it gives me message that press F1 to continue but when I press F1 after that nothing happens. Right now I am not able to us my laptop because of this problem. if anyone have solution for this then please help me. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: SMART failure message in HP pavilion hard disk

I think you should try to solve the problem by removing hard disk from your laptop and after that connecting it again. I was facing the same problem with my laptop hard disk and after that I did the same thing and after reconnecting the hard disk with my laptop I am not facing any issue. I think you should also try this solution and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. If you want any more help then let me know.

I think you can fix this problem by doing following steps. First of all you have to remove the hard disk from your laptop and after that you have to connect it with any other computer or laptop take the back up of all your data. Now after doing that you have to format your whole hard disk and then again connect it with your laptop and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. This trick will help you to fix this problem.

I have one solution to fix this issue. First of all you have to download the HDD Regenerator software from internet and after that install it in some other computer or laptop and after that connect your hard disk with that system and after that run the software. Now it will repair your hard disk without deleting any of your data. Now after doing that connects your hard disk again with your laptop and after that check whether same problem is coming or not.

The solutions which are mentioned in above posts didn’t make any difference. I have tried to solve this problem by using HDD Regenerator software but after that also it didn’t make any difference. Now after doing that I have also tried to scan for bad sector in my hard disk but still get the same problem, now please tell me what should I do to fix this I am not able to take back up of my data and I don’t want to lose any data. Please help me to fix this.

If you are not able to fix this issue after running the HDD Regenerator also then I think you have to visit the service center and after that you have to tell your exact problem in service center and after that they will give you the backup of all your data and also solve your SMART failure message problem. if your hard disk is damaged then maybe you need to purchase new one but you will get back your data. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

As you have suggested that I need to go to the service center, after reading your post I have done same thing and I went to the service center and after that I get the backup of all my data and they have kept my hard disk in service center only. May be within few days I will get back my hard disk. But now I am not worried about my data. Your given suggestion really helped me to find the solution. Thank you so much for helping me and supporting me.