Thread: blinking message icon in nokia E5

blinking message icon in nokia E5

I am using Nokia E5 mobile which is very nice mobile to have. My mobile was working fine and I was not having any issues with it. Before some days I have changed my SIM card and after that my mobile has started giving me some problem. Now on my mobile screen message appears even when there are no new messages in my phone. I have tried to solve this by turn off and turn in the device but after that also problem remains. Please tell me how to fix that.

Re: blinking message icon in nokia E5

I think there are some unread messages in your mobile phone and that is why you are getting that message icon in your mobile. First of all go to the messages and open the inbox and after that check all the messages and make sure that there are no unread messages in your mobile phone. You have to also make sure that the none of the message which you have sent recently is not failed. Because if that message is not sent properly then it will be in your outbox and you have to delete it from there only.

As you have said that in your post that you have changed your SIM card in your mobile phone and after that you are having this problem then I think there might be any unread message left from your SIM card and you can fix this issue by deleting those unread messages. First check whether is there any unread message in your SIM card or not if there are any messages then just open it. i think after doing that your mobile will not show you any message icon on the screen.

If you don’t know how to access the SIM card message in your mobile phone then I will help you with this. You have to first go in to the menu and after that select the message option. Now after doing that you have to select option and after that you will find the SIM message option. Now select that and then check whether any messages are there or not. if those messages are not important then delete that and after that your problem will get solved easily.

After doing above steps also if you are getting that icon then I think there might be something wrong with your mobile phone. I think you should try to fix this issue by resetting your Nokia E5. If you want to reset your phone then you have to type *#7780# and after that press ok. Now after that it will reset your mobile phone. I hope after doing that your problem will get solved easily. If you want to know anything more than please let me know.

First I have checked about unread message in my phone but I didn’t find any unread messages in my phone. After doing that I have also checked about SIM messages and I have deleted all the SIM messages from my mobile phone but it didn’t make any difference for me. I have also tried to reset the phone but it was only soft reset and it has done nothing in my phone just changed my all the setting to default setting but problem still remains. Please tell me how to do hard reset in my phone.

You can do the hard reset in your mobile phone by following these steps. You have to first open the menu in your mobile phone and after that select the control panel option and then you have to choose setting option. now after that ho to the general setting and after that you will find two option one is for reset setting only and another is for restore all. Now you have to select restore all. After it will erase all the data from your phone so you have to first take the back up of all your data.

Affection Re: blinking message icon in nokia E5

Hi Everyone how r u ,Good question from Repliers, Nice suggestion from Jerry and Lovely way out from Madhulika . i did the same way as Madhulika said and my problem solved but i did this also ( From sim messages i coppied all 10 messages to phone msg my folder and then deleted all sim msgs ) Thnx to Madhulika .