Thread: iPhone not recognizing numbers stored in address book

Mykola Guest

iPhone not recognizing numbers stored in address book

Hello friend, I am have faced problem in this iPhone. This problem is very odd. When my friend try to call me, in that time iPhone will shows their phone number instead of their name. I need to read the name instead of the number. This numbers are present in the contact list of the address book. In the same iphone, if I try to call this same number it shows the name. This difficulty is only in case of incoming call. The outgoing work correctly. Thanks in advance.

Re: iPhone not recognizing numbers stored in address book

Hey dude, this type of problem may be occurred in rare cases. This will be indicating that something wrong happen in this iPhone. Hence I think you need to test the area code for every number stored in the contacts or not. Then confirm that task and it will be help to understand the reason behind this. If the incoming caller ID number is to be perfectly equivalent with the number present in the contact list, then I think this problem will be not present for long time.

Yes, this is the reason behind this problem. Most of the time people will save number in incorrect format. Hence this type of problem will makes in this iphone. The area code of every connects which is present in the contacts list will be necessary to exactly matches in the caller id. You need to edit that number. This will be works and it might be help to you for solving the problem. Then use this task and it really help to solve the problem.

I have an original iPhone and installed the latest updated software. This will be works correctly in this iPhone but now the similar problem I faced in this updated iPhone. When I try to call using my recent calls option the iPhone will not shows the name of that saved number. Then I realized that this has happen because of the updating task. Then I did the solution to solve this problem. Hence the reinstallation software will be help to solve this problem.

Number showing problem will be indicating that the problem is actually present in the contact list of the iPhone. Many types of solution present for solving such problem. I think the reset will also good option to solve this problem. Then I suggest you to use this reset task over the iPhone. This will really work good and it will be help to solve the problem. The correct step by step process is present in the iphone. Then you need to follow that process and solve this problem.

I think the number list present in this iPhone wasn't recognized by the address book. It may be possible that this address book will not work correctly. I suggest you to use the full restore option. This will be really good to avoid such unrealistic problem. This will be help to solve the problem. The reset option is present on the setting menu of the iPhone. This will be providing the opportunity to solve this problem. Then use it and solve the trouble.

I am having same exact problem in this iPhone 3G. It is only happen for one contact in contact list. Dialing particular number will not show the name. Then I did the firmware update option. This will be help to solve the problem. Hence I suggest you to use this solution and it really help to solve the trouble. The correct firmware process is present in manual. Then use it and do this task. This will be solving the problem.