Thread: Verizon iphone problem with caller id during incoming international calls.

Verizon iphone problem with caller id during incoming international calls.

Hi had bought a Verizon iphone 4 about 2 months before. My problem is with the caller is in my iphone. Whenever I got a international call the caller id shows there number but not the name as there number and name already saved in my contact list and even the number what I got doesn’t have a country code and + sign but I had saved the number with the country code. Does anyone know what may be the cause of the problem?

Re: Verizon iphone problem with caller id during incoming international calls.

Even I was having the same problem. This is a major problem as whenever anyone calls I only get the number which is saved with the similar format and with the name but it doesn’t show name. I had transfer the contact from back up from my old iphone. But I dint get this problem with my old iphone and I was able to see the name of the person who is calling if his contact is already present on my phonebook .

Even I was facing the same problem with Verizon iphone in that I can’t see the name who calling me but when I see my log list there it shows the name of the person who is calling me and sometime I was not able to see the name and the + associated with the number and even the country code is not displayed. I don’t know is it only with the international call or with the local call to? Can’t even recognize wether the fault is with the mobile or no.

I’m not an iphone user but I do face the same problem in my CDMA phone. Does anyone know is there a difference between 00 and + if you use while dialing the international calls. I’m having the problem only with the caller id but my voice mail box shows the name of the caller but it displays the different caller id. I had posted this just to say that this might be a problem with the international call and not with the iphone.

Even I’m the iphone user I’m having the IOS4.2.1 and which shows the format of international number as 011 and actual number. I’m using unlimited plan and even 3G. I had used the contact list in the format of Contacts xl for the contact management. After reading about your issue I had called apple care and had talk to the engineers but they also can’t specify the cause of the problem. Try to convert the backup of your format hope this will going to help you a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    Hi had bought a Verizon iphone 4 about 2 months before. My problem is with the caller is in my iphone. Whenever I got a international call the caller id shows there number but not the name as there number and name already saved in my contact list and even the number what I got doesn’t have a country code and + sign but I had saved the number with the country code. Does anyone know what may be the cause of the problem?
    I am having the exact same problem as you. I created a thread about it on the MacRumors forum, which you can read here

Please read my thread. I go into a lot of detail about the specifics of this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJL View Post
    I am having the exact same problem as you. I created a thread about it on the MacRumors forum, which you can read here

Please read my thread. I go into a lot of detail about the specifics of this problem.
    Well, can you do one thing, first save the international numbers on a paper or a notepad and after that delete that from your iphone contact lists. Tell those international dialers to call you and once you get their number on your iphone, disconnect it and save it as a new contact with their names, email address, etc. After all this fiddlings, can you tell those international dialers to call you again and check whether their names are appearing on the phone or not? If not then it sure seems to be a IOS bug, try to either upgrade it or degrade it and check again.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The link in my previous post has disappeared. If you Google the phrase "Caller ID problem with incoming international calls on Verizon" (using quotation marks), you will find the thread I created on the MacRumors forum.

The title of my thread is that exact phrase: "Caller ID problem with incoming international calls on Verizon"

Here is a link to the thread on MacRumors that I mentioned in the post above

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJL View Post
    The link in my previous post has disappeared.
    It seems that this site mods/admins are deleting any external links that are posted. In any case, did you try what I suggested you to do? Have you tried upgrading or downgrading the IOS from your iphone to see if that could have helped? Check the suggestions given above your post and let us know if you were successful or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    It seems that this site mods/admins are deleting any external links that are posted. In any case, did you try what I suggested you to do? Have you tried upgrading or downgrading the IOS from your iphone to see if that could have helped? Check the suggestions given above your post and let us know if you were successful or not.
    I have used all six versions of iOS that were ever released for the CDMA iPhone. There were six versions, so I upgraded iOS five times. All six versions of iOS for the CDMA iPhone had the same Caller ID problem with incoming international calls. I bought the Verizon CDMA iPhone on February 10, which is the day it was released, and it came with iOS 4.2.5. I have since upgraded to iOS 4.2.6, iOS 4.2.7, iOS 4.2.8, iOS 4.2.9, and iOS 4.2.10 (the latest version). Again: All six versions of iOS for the CDMA iPhone had the same Caller ID problem with incoming international calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    I’m not an iphone user but I do face the same problem in my CDMA phone. Does anyone know is there a difference between 00 and + if you use while dialing the international calls. I’m having the problem only with the caller id but my voice mail box shows the name of the caller but it displays the different caller id. I had posted this just to say that this might be a problem with the international call and not with the iphone.
    I, too, noticed the same problem on my mom's CDMA Samsung non-smartphone on Verizon. I asked one of my friends in Japan to call her cell phone number, and the number showed up without any "+" or "011" in front of it. I'm starting to think it's a Verizon problem, not an iPhone problem.

Hi ThomasJL,

Well, if you think that its a verizon problem then did you try to use some other network and checked if the same caller id problem persist? If it is under contract, then it can be voided as per your choice for the inconvenience faced by you. Or else check with some other phones that have different network, other than the Verizon and you will come to a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by abbie View Post
    Hi ThomasJL,

Well, if you think that its a verizon problem then did you try to use some other network and checked if the same caller id problem persist?
    I tried that. The Caller ID problem did not exist on T-Mobile USA. Prior to having T-Mobile USA, I had Cingular, and the Caller ID problem did not exist on Cingular.

Over the course of the last five years, I received hundreds of international calls on T-Mobile USA, and never once had that Caller ID problem. And during the five years prior to that on Cingular, I also never once had that Caller ID problem. All incoming international calls were displayed correctly with a "+" in front of the number (if it wasn't stored in my contacts list) or with the name that I assigned the number (which was saved with a "+" in front of the country code) in my contacts list.