Thread: Nokia E71 working slow after doing Encryption

Nokia E71 working slow after doing Encryption

Hey people, please help me. Recently I purchased Nokia E71 mobile phone. I was just some sort of experimenting with it and I ended up doing encryption on my mobile phone’s memory. But now it has started working very slow. I am unable to understand what must have triggered in my mobile phone that it started to run very slow after the encryption. Can anyone help me regarding this issue? Any kind of suggestion or help is appreciated.

Re: Nokia E71 working slow after doing Encryption

Yes it is obvious that your mobile phone will start responding and working slower after you have enabled the encryption of your memory in your mobile phone. This is because as the data is encrypted now, it will be requiring more time and resources in order to first decrypt the data and then make it available to the user when the data is demanded. So, if you wish to get your mobile phone back to its normal performance, which the phone was giving before doing encryption, then I would recommend you to perform decryption of your memory.

Read the phone manuals in order to decrypt the phone memory and increase the performance of your mobile phone to the one which it was giving before performing encryption of your phone memory. Make sure that you are performing the process as it is mentioned in the manuals. Also, inorder to increase the performance of your mobile, you should make sure that while you are using the mobile, no useless processes are running in background.

Thank you guys, I really appreciated your replies. It was very kind of you to spend some time on my issue and send me reply. I tried as you have mentioned and did the decryption. But, nothing seems to be working for me at the moment. I have done the encryption in both my phone memory and the memory card. After doing the decryption only the card memory gets decrypted and not the phone memory. So, half my issue got solved and half not. I still notice my mobile to be working so slow. Please help me.

I would recommend you to Reset your mobile to the out of box condition by performing Soft Reset. Although, performing Soft reset won’t be deleting your data store in memory card, it is recommended to take back-up of all data before performing any kind of reset in your mobile phone. Type *#7780# and press call button to do Soft Rest in your Nokia mobile. Make sure that when the mobile is prompting for security code, enter the password to complete the process.

As you have mentioned that you are finding it difficult to decrypt the phone memory of your Nokia E71 mobile phone, I would recommend you to perform Hard Reset in your mobile phone instead of the soft reset. The hard reset will clear your phone memory and will remove all the settings which you have made in your mobile phone. The process of doing hard reset is similar to that of Soft reset. You just need to type in another code. You have to enter *#7730# and press the call button. Insert the asked password and continue to finish the hard reset.

If you ask me guys, then I would suggest to get your mobile phone checked by a professional rather then we guys experimenting with our mobile and then increasing the chances of damaging it even more. It would be better if you personally don’t start doing things in your mobile, as you won’t be that good in solving the phone internal issue then the technical person available in the Nokia Care Center. Please visit the Care center and allow the professionals to help you solve your problem.