Thread: Apps in Nokia E72 keep moving back to applications folder

Apps in Nokia E72 keep moving back to applications folder

I recently purchased Nokia E72 mobile phone for myself. Within one week of use I have noticed that the Nokia E72 phone which I am using has started malfunctioning, which is very annoying at times. I have come across the issue in which some of the apps keep migrating back to the Application folder. Can anyone tell me what must be causing the following issue in my Nokia mobile? Please help me in solving my problem. It will be appreciated.

Re: Apps in Nokia E72 keep moving back to applications folder

This seems to be an issue with the firmware software of your mobile phone. So, in this case, I would recommend you to update your mobiles firmware to the latest available firmware and then check out whether the problem gets solved or not. You need to connect your Nokia E72 mobile to your computer with the help of the USB cable provided for your mobile and also make sure that you have installed the Nokia PC Suite software in your computer. Connect the computer to the Internet and then click on check for firmware update on the Nokia PC Suite interface.

There seems to be some kind of corruption in your mobile phone. So in this case I would suggest you to perform Hard reset in your mobile phone. This will clear your entire phone memory and apply initial out of box factory settings in your mobile phone. Type *#7730# and press the green button which is usually used to call. Once you do this, a message to enter the security code will be asked. So, enter the password of your mobile and end the process.

I also faced this problem with my Nokia E72 mobile phone. This particular solution, which had worked for me and I would definitely like to share the same with you. In my case the problem was caused because I was connecting my Nokia phone to computer in Mass Storage mode. I noticed that connecting the device to the computer in mass storage mode will revert the files and folders. So, I would suggest you to check if this is causing the issue in your mobile.

Thank you for replying so quickly guys and for sharing the cause of this issue with me. Yes, you were right, connecting the phone is mass storage mode would revert back apps to the application matter. So, now I have decided to avoid connecting my mobile to my computer in mass storage mode. But now if I can’t use mass storage mode in order to transfer data from and to my phone, then how I can transfer data? Please help me.

Normally when you are connecting your mobile to the computer using USB cable, you are asked to choose between options which you want to select. So, select the Nokia mode option. And in this case make sure that you have installed the Nokia PC Suite in your computer. If you have installed the Nokia PC Suite in your computer, then you will find a small icon of your mobile on the toolbar. Click on this icon to view all the files and folders which are there in your mobile phone. For transferring the data, drag and drop or delete the files as per your choice.

The other best solution according to me which could help you avoid any kind of moving apps issue is to remove the MicroSD card from your mobile and connect it to your computer with the help of an SD card reader/SD adapter in order t transfer data between the computer and your memory card. In this way you will avoid connecting your mobile to the PC, thus avoiding the mass Storage mode option as well. This method will even allow faster transfer rate.