Thread: Pinch zoom not working for Google Maps in Nokia E6

Pinch zoom not working for Google Maps in Nokia E6

I got Nokia E6 mobile phone yesterday for my younger brother. The mobile seems to be extremely good. But I have noticed this issue with my mobile. I am very new to this mobile, so I am not sure whether this is an issue with my mobile or I am doing things in a wrong way. The Pinch zoom feature in my Nokia E6 mobile phone does not seems to be working for the Google Maps. What is the fault? What can I do to solve the issue?

Re: Pinch zoom not working for Google Maps in Nokia E6

I feel that you might have done some setting in your mobile and that is why you are unable to use the pinch zoom feature in your Nokia E6 mobile phone. In this case I would recommend you to perform Soft reset in your mobile phone and restore your mobile to its default settings. I am not sure whether this would save your problem, but this is definitely worth a try. Type the *#7870# code in your mobile and click on the call button. In order to confirm the changes, the mobile will ask for password. Enter the password restore the factory setting in your mobile.

According to me you should try out the Hard reset in your Nokia E6 mobile phone. Press *#7370# and hit the call button. If asked for password, enter your security code and complete the process. The mobile will restart on its own. And after restart your will find all the mobile settings similar to the one in case of out of box mobile phone. Also make sure that you have backed up your data before you actually perform the reset.

The problem might be with the phone software. SO I would suggest you to update the firmware of your Nokia E6 mobile phone. Make sure that your computer system has is consisting of either the Nokia PC Suite or the Ovi PC Suite software installed in it. You will need the working and the desired USB cable for your mobile. Also make sure that you mobile phone is fully charged when you are performing the update. This is because, if your mobile switches off while updating, there are chances of your mobile getting completely corrupted.

I would suggest you to first check whether the pinch zoom feature is not working only for the Google Maps in your mobile, or it is not at all working, neither for the Ovi maps nor while you are viewing any image files. This will give a clear view whether the problem is with the pinch zoom feature or the problem arises particularly while you are using a specific application in your Nokia mobile. Only after knowing the main culprit you can decide for a proper solution.

Dude I would like to inform you that the Pinch Zoom feature was particularly introduced only for the OVI Maps for Nokia mobiles which are running Symbian^3 OS in them. So, most probably this is why the feature won’t work well with the Google Maps. But still I would recommend you to visit the nearest Nokia Care Center and show your mobile to the technical person there to check and detect if any problem existed or not.

Thank you, people for sharing the wonderful information which guys possessed with me. I really appreciate the suggestions and the efforts you guys made by replying to my post. Yes I cross checked and Pinch Zoom seems to be working with image viewer or the OVI Maps but it complete stops working when it comes to Google Map. It seems to be some conflict or compatibility issue. Anyways, I am planning to show my phone to the Nokia Care center to detect if any issues are there with my phone.