Thread: How to transfer data from PC to Nokia E7

How to transfer data from PC to Nokia E7

Hey guys, I recently started using the Nokia E7 mobile phone. It’s being performing as expected, very good. I just love this phone, totally worth buying. I just had a little query regarding the same. I just wanted to transfer videos, images and other data files from my computer which is running Windows XP operating system to my Nokia E7 mobile phone. So, how I can transfer my data files from my PC to my mobile? Please guide in this issue. Thank you in advance

Re: How to transfer data from PC to Nokia E7

It is very easy to transfer data from your PC to your Nokia E7 mobile phone and vice-versa. You just need to make sure that you are having the right USB cable for your mobile. Check out the accessories which were provided to you along with your mobile phone when you purchased the cell. It will surely be having the required USB cable through which you can create a connection between your mobile and your PC. Connect your PC with the mobile using this USB cable. On connecting, a pop up will appear in your mobile, select the Data Transfer mode and enjoy transferring data between both the device.

As far as I know, you will also require the Nokia PC Suite software to connect your Nokia E7 with your computer. Usually The Nokia PC Suite CD is provided along with the mobile itself. Insert the following original CD of Nokia PC Suite in your CD/DVD drive and install the application in your system. Follow the on-screen instruction and also connect your mobile to the computer whenever the system is asking for the same. Once you done with the installation, the mobile will be detected by your computer; if it is connected to the computer. And now you can start up transferring your data and synching your mobile with your computer.

You can also establish connection between your Nokia E7 mobile and your computer in another way. But, for that you will be requiring Bluetooth facility in your computer. If you had Bluetooth enabled laptop then if would have been very easy to transfer data files from your computer to your mobile and vice versa, by using the Bluetooth. But as it is normal computer, you will be requiring Bluetooth dongle in order to establish connection between your computer and Nokia E7 without using USB cable.

Dude, I don’t think you will be requiring the Nokia PC Suite software. I am saying this because, as far as I know as the Nokia E7 mobile phone is a very latest phone, it will be requiring the Nokia Ovi Suite application instead of the earlier Nokia PC suite application. You can either install the Ovi Suite from the CD which you got along with the mobile phone or you can download the application from the official website of Nokia and install it in your system. It works almost similar to the Nokia PC Suite.

Thank you everyone for your quick response. I really appreciate everyone’s effort and time. It felt really good to know that still there are many who are willing to help others. So, now as you good people have helped me in showing how I can easily transfer data from my PC to my Nokia E7 mobile phone and vice versa, I also wanted to clear out another doubt. I wanted to know whether the mobile phone automatically categorize the data files which are recently added to the mobile? Or will I have to do it manually?

You can easily drag and drop all the media files via a USB cable from your computer to your phone or vice-versa. This method is much easier and quicker. You just need to create a folders on your memory, like Video, Music and Photos. After that you just need to drag the appropriate media file to these folders which you recently created in your memory. You will notice that the Phones Video player will automatically find the video files, Music player will detect the music files and the Image viewer will automatically find the images and photos stored in your phone.