Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    526

    Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    Help me! Guys I have got a problem with updating firmware V 08.63 in Nokia c3-00? Now any when can help me out to sort this problem? I have this cell phone from last 2 month it was working fine before I tried to update its previous firmware version to newer one I have certain problem in this phone now like the memory SD card problem, media folder ,backup files etc have been disappeared. There are messages in inbox and they canít me deleted they are throwing error like deletion not completed? Now what to do how can I solve this problem any suggestion please help me?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,971

    Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    Well this is the same problem I was dealing with, when I tried to update my firmware to I was really very upset with this one dint knew what to do, then one of my friend asked me y I donít try to re install the previous version again so what I did was the same I did it exactly in that way I installed it again and itís working fine now so now what I have thought it not to go with the latest version stick to this and enjoy the phone without any problems to deal with. I think you should do the same.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,620

    Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    I have also installed it and its working fine with me I suppose you must have not installed it completely there might be some problem in your connection and your software updating must be corrupted and that is the reason why you are having this problem I think you should try reinstalling it, well I think you must have had a copy of your back up in your memory card, you would be having it in your phone memory and thatís why it would have been disappeared.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    I donít know why you are having this problem this is running fine with many people I have been in contact with. I to think it must be corrupted due to some reason and thatís why it is showing the problem. Well on problem with that I think you need to contact your nokia center they would really help you out with this or yes you can also try to re install it or get back the previous version, I hope it would be helping you out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,407

    Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    Ok this is the same problem which my friend was having but the backup file wasnít deleted the media files and all was showing error what we did if formatted the memory card from pc and inserted it again then the card was working fine and then we inserted more songs in the card and everything went fine contacts wasnít deleted donít know why you are getting the problem with this message thing I think just try by switching of your cell phone remove the battery and then re insert it I think this would help you in sorting the messaged problem. All the best

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ludhiana
    Posts
    5

    Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    you said install older version intead . pls tell me how to install the older version...my phone is using 4.60 version...very old version
    and i m unable to install 8.63...so how to install older version like 7.2 or something

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ludhiana
    Posts
    5

    Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    Quote Originally Posted by switchblade327 View Post
    Well this is the same problem I was dealing with, when I tried to update my firmware to I was really very upset with this one dint knew what to do, then one of my friend asked me y I donít try to re install the previous version again so what I did was the same I did it exactly in that way I installed it again and itís working fine now so now what I have thought it not to go with the latest version stick to this and enjoy the phone without any problems to deal with. I think you should do the same.
    how to install earlier version?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divyansh3901 View Post
    you said install older version intead . pls tell me how to install the older version...my phone is using 4.60 version...very old version
    and i m unable to install 8.63...so how to install older version like 7.2 or something
    First of all i dont think there is any such option in nokia C3-00 to download/install any specific version of firmware. It is just available in very rare models. So, you will only need to update the phone to the latest 08.63. BTW. What is the problem you facing while updating to the same ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ludhiana
    Posts
    5

    sad Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    the problem i m facing is that after downloading update in nokia software update it starts installing it and there after when only 10 seconds are left(as shown in nokia software update) it says connection lost with device and reconnect and try again. i tried this 4 times but it gave same warning again. But when i checked my phone using *#0000# it displays 8.63 (which is latest) instead of 4.2(earlier). which means my phone is updated but not fully. when i go to conversation it displays 8 messages without content and user who sent them and they dont get delete, there are such 1 message in inbox and 7 in sent items.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divyansh3901 View Post
    it says connection lost with device and reconnect and try again. i tried this 4 times but it gave same warning again.
    That is the culprit. If am not wrong you are doing it from your PC's Software Updater Application, right ? If yes, than when it starts downloading the firmware, you get an NOTE displayed on the screen saying something like "During the process pc suite will show messages like your mobile is disconnected or so, dont panic and dont disconnect the cable". Hope you saw that. Friend, that is the process of updating the device. After downloading, the updater use to install the firmware on the device and hence you get notification on the taskbar that device is diconnected. But dont remove it. Wait for some minutes. It will be done successfully.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ludhiana
    Posts
    5

    ThumbsUp Re: Unable to update firmware V 08.63with Nokia c3-00?

    Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    That is the culprit. If am not wrong you are doing it from your PC's Software Updater Application, right ? If yes, than when it starts downloading the firmware, you get an NOTE displayed on the screen saying something like "During the process pc suite will show messages like your mobile is disconnected or so, dont panic and dont disconnect the cable". Hope you saw that. Friend, that is the process of updating the device. After downloading, the updater use to install the firmware on the device and hence you get notification on the taskbar that device is diconnected. But dont remove it. Wait for some minutes. It will be done successfully.
    thx, i did it without removing it and it finally said update successful. but still bugs like invisible conversation message exist because they are failure of nokia to build bug free update like always

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot update Nokia C3-01 firmware
    By Pirateous in forum Portable Devices
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-03-2012, 10:39 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 10:59 PM
  3. Unable to update firmware of Nokia X3-02
    By Anne Heche in forum Portable Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-07-2011, 07:59 PM
  4. How to update firmware for Nokia C7
    By Itachi Uchiha in forum Portable Devices
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 11:55 AM
  5. Nokia C7 firmware update
    By Yret in forum Portable Devices
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-11-2010, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •