Thread: After hard reset Ovi store not working in nokia E7

After hard reset Ovi store not working in nokia E7

I was facing a hardware problem in my nokia E7 so I gave it to the nokia service centre. They have solved my hardware issue but they have made a hard reset of my phone. The issue is that Ovi store is not working any more in the phone. I have even told the service people about this, but they said that they don’t know how to exactly fix this problem. Do anyone have any suggestions for it. It is since one month that I am facing this problem. Please help me out to fix this solution.

Re: After hard reset Ovi store not working in nokia E7

I am having the same problem few days back. Are you able to download the Ovi store? If you are able to download then, install it in your phone. If you are not able to download the Ovi store, then you need to do the following: you need to get into the nokia browser that is there in your phone and click on option, there you will find an option to clear privacy data. And you will have the list of options there, just select on the “ALL”. After you clear you data you need to reboot it. After that you can now download the Ovi store and install it.

If you still facing the problem, then you can do a hard reset once again. Try to reset it with your 3 fingers. After resetting you can install QT 4.6.3 software along with the webkit. Once you install the software, don’t use the nokia Ovi suite and check for the updates of the software. Once you get the list of the updates, you can select the Ovi store updates. You just need to install the Ovi store updates. Once you run this application, it will ask whether you would like to download the Ovi store. Then you can download it and then you will be back with your Ovi store

I think you need to do a soft reset of your phone, but be sure that before performing any reset you need to make all the stuffs of your phone a backup. Since, performing reset will erase all you’re your data. To make a reset you need to close any of the application or data, which are running. After you close all the application you need to enter *#778# and click on the green phone button. I hope making this reset will help you. So my suggestion is to try this method.

It seems that if you are unable to get into the Ovi store or your Ovi store is lost, then what you need to do is, you need to download the Ovi store application into your computer system and then connect your phone to the computer through the USB cable. After connecting it to the PC, it will search for the software updates for your mobile phone, after that you can install he updates for the Ovi store. And then you will get your Ovi store in your mobile.

I have seen many people facing the similar issue of losing the Ovi store after making a hard reset. This problem has one main reason and that is when you perform the hard reset of your phone some files that are related to the Ovi store gets damaged and are unable to load it again. So it is always better that you perform a soft reset which will help you to solve the problem. This is what I did with my phone.