Thread: Need to change default browser of Nokia E71

Need to change default browser of Nokia E71

Hey guys I am using the Nokia E71 mobile phone. It is working fine but I just need some suggestions and help in a small issue. I just wanted to know whether it is possible to change the default browser in my Nokia E71 mobile phone. I am kind off bored with the current web browser which I am using in my mobile and need to bring on some change in it. Does anyone know anything about this issue then please help me clearing my doubt.

Re: Need to change default browser of Nokia E71

I am not sure about this as I am not using Nokia mobile phone. But definitely there might be some setting in your Nokia mobile which would make it possible for you to change the default browser in your Nokia E71. But if you are not able to change the default web browser of your mobile because of some restrictions or limitations in your mobile, then it would be a big shame on Nokia for not supporting the feature. Being such a big brand in mobile industry, it need to keep its product updated.

Unfortunate to say that its truly shame on Nokia for missing many features from its mobile phone. Again it has stuck its user in its limitations. Yes, It is not possible to change the default web browser in Nokia E71 or any of the other Nokia mobile phone. If you want to then you can do install some other web browsers in your mobile phone, but they won’t be set into default browser in your mobile.

You should most probably contact the nearest Nokia Care Centre regarding the following issue. I am asking you to contact Nokia people directly because outside, few people say that it is possible to change the default browser in Nokia mobile, while some say it is not. Thus this will just confuse you. So, it is better to directly contact the people who are technically more sound and know more about the Nokia mobile phones. They will be able to give you the perfect solution for your query.

Thank you, guys for replying so quickly to my post. I really appreciate your time and efforts. But it is seriously disappointing that I won’t be able to change my default browser in my Nokia N71 mobile phone. Still can anyone suggest me which other browsers I can use in my Nokia N71 mobile phone? Please help me finding good web browser for my mobile phone. Your help will be appreciated like always. Thank you in advance.

Yes, it is truly disappointing that we Nokia users can’t change or default browser. But still I am anyways using other browser for my mobile phone. I am using Opera Mini and Opera mobile to access Internet service in my Nokia mobile phone. So I would also recommend you to try the same. You can search for the same on Internet and download it in your system. Once you have downloaded the setup, install it in your mobile phone and enjoy the usage once you have completed the installation.

I had tried Opera Mini and Opera mobile both in my Nokia mobile. Both seems to be pretty much cool. But the browser which I would prefer on top of them is the UC Browser. It is good, fast and very much user friendly. So, if you ask me, I would suggest you to try your hands on the UC browser. You can search about it on Internet and download the files for your mobile on your computer. Transfer the files to your mobile and install the setup. That’s it.