Thread: Sent SMS messages won't save in Nokia E72

Sent SMS messages won't save in Nokia E72

Hello everyone, I recently started using my elder brother’s E72 mobile phone.It’s being just 1 months since he got the mobile, but as he has got another one, I am the lucky one to use his old cum new N72 mobile phone. But while using the mobile yesterday I noticed that it was not able to save the sent messages in this mobile phone. Can anyone guide me solving this issue with my Nokia E72 mobile phone? Any sort of help and suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Sent SMS messages won't save in Nokia E72

You can easily save the sent messages in your Nokia mobile phone. What you need to do is just do few settings in your phone and you will be able to achieve what you wish to. Follow the below steps:
    • Go to the Message option
    • Click on Options
    • Now, click on Settings and then go to Others option and change the settings as per your requirements.

Thank you for replying so quickly to my post. But I am afraid that the solution which you provided me did not worked for me. I followed the patch as you mentioned but after Settings, I am unable to find any “Other’ option. I am unable to understand what is causing this issue in my mobile phone. Do you or anyone have any other suggestion to get my issue solved? Your suggestions will be appreciated like always. Thank you in advance.

According to me this seems to be some kind of issue with your mobile phone. So I would recommend you to restore your mobile phone into its factory setting. This will restore your Nokia phone to it factory setting. Thus you will be able to see all the normal menus and options which were in your mobile at the time of purchase. Just go to: Menu > Settings > Phone Settings > general > Restore Factory Settings. The mobile will prompt for password to complete the process. If you have selected a password then enter that password or else enter the default password i.e. 12345 and confirm the changes. Your mobile will restart by itself and you will be able to see the changes.

You can also try performing Soft Reset in your mobile. To perform the following you just need to insert few entries of numbers *#7780# in your mobile and hit the green button (call button) in your mobile. For security purpose, password will be asked. So enter your password if you have one or enter the default password of 12345. Once you have completed the process the phone will get back to its factory settings. Although the process won’t delete your data, it is recommended that before performing the soft reset make sure that you have taken back-up of your important data for safety purpose.

If the soft reset is not solving the issue for your Nokia E72 mobile phone then I fear you will have to perform Hard reset in your Nokia E72 mobile phone. In hard reset all your stored data gets deleted. So make sure that you have not inserted your memory card while you are performing the following and also take back up of your important data which are stored in your phone memory. For hard reset press *#7370# and press the call button. When asked for password, enter it. You phone will do the rest.

According to me there is some kind of issue with the firmware which is installed in the Nokia E72 mobile phone which you are using at the moment. So, in this situation I would ask you to update the firmware software of your mobile phone to the latest available one. You can do the updating of your mobile by establishing a connection between your mobile phone and your computer. You can sue the USB cable and the Nokia PC Suite or the Nokia Ovi Suite as per the requirement to establish the connection. Once you connect your mobile, start the Internet in your computer and click on search for firmware update option. If found any, install it.

As you have mentioned in your query that your brother recently got this Nokia N72 mobile phone and after one month of use gave the same to you. So, it is for sure that the mobile phone is under the warranty period. Dude, the mobile is still within the warranty period. Make full use of it. Go to the nearest Nokia Store and get your mobile repaired for free from the technical staff of Nokia. Or if the condition is worst, you can also get your mobile replaced without any extra expenses.