Thread: Dell XPS 15 with Sandy Bridge processors running warm

Dell XPS 15 with Sandy Bridge processors running warm

I am having the Dell XPS 15 which is having the Sandy Bridge processors. There is no problem in the functioning of the laptop but I don’t know why, the processors get too hot while using the laptop. I can feel that from outside of the laptop. I want to ask that if this is the same for all the Sandy Bridge processors or there is some fault in case of mine. If there is someone who knows that what is the reason behind that then please let me know. I will be thankful to every reply.

Re: Dell XPS 15 with Sandy Bridge processors running warm

This problem is there because it is having very poor cooling system. If you want then you can take a look at the laptops from Clevo. They are having very nice cooling system to temperature for them never goes up. So if you want to get rid of that then you can try to make use of some good cooling pad and that will help you to reduce he temperature of the laptop and also protect your system from any kind of damage due to overheating.

Most of the time the elevated temperature is okay but there is actual difficulty when the processor starts the limit, because then the temperatures are dangerous. Of course a lower temperature is nice and constant high temperature decreases the life of a CPU. But for the rest this is not the big deal. Having a laptop on your lap warm is another problem, of course. So better to resolve that as soon as possible.

I would like to tell that Processor gets an concentrated function to perform on and as a effect of that the temperature of that raises as its Frequency raises. Processor carries on to with its job while monitoring interior temps, inner temp hits trigger high therefore processor ramps reverse frequency and carry on to work on while monitoring temps. Temp hits trigger entrance therefore processor ramps back on frequency again continues with its job and so on.

I actually had an Acer Aspire 1800 (17 ") with Intel P4" and ATI Mobility Radeon X600 and while I could run a bit hotter than I never had any problems or random stops regulation. However, the cause of death in that was that it started to come apart. Fortunately, Acer has improved a lot since then so even the budget is based cooling that it got a few good build quality and adequate. After getting my Clevo il get some temperature measurements in it, but my guess would be that your cooling solution to be first class.

It is amazing to me that the problem is with the laptop and Dell XPS 15. the temperature of activation seems to be around half of 90c before the frequency was intensified again. This assertion is based on a number of users of information from their temperatures below the burden of being in the middle of 90C and the improvement of the thermal paste does not seem to affect the temperature of the load.