Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 touch screen not working

Lenovo ThinkPad X200 touch screen not working

I recently purchased Lenovo ThinkPad X200 laptop and I am facing some issues with its touchscreen. I uninstalled the wacom driver prior to the problem because the touchscreen used to stop when it was installed. Now I dont have those drivers at all. I usually like to work with programs like Photoshop and Z-brush but for this I have to install the Wacom features but if I install it then I will loose the touchscreen capability of this laptop? Any ideas how do I solve this? Thanks

re: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 touch screen not working

I would recommend you to first uninstall the previous drivers, for both the Wacom and Lenovo one and after that restart your laptop. Try to ensure that the Add-Remove hardware dialog pops up. If this happens then it simply means that the system was not able to find a drive and is ready to have a new one installed. Hope this helps you out.

There could be some calibrattion issue for your stylus and you should calibrate after temporarily turning off the touch input. To do that open Device Manager by going to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > device manager. After that go to human interface devices and scroll to "touch panel driver". Now you need to right click on it and choose Disable in the menu. After sometime turn it on again to calibrate your stylus.

I was also facing the same problem with the pen/touchscreen which was not working. I also tried to install the latest touch panel drivers from the lenovo website to no avail. I did an upgrade of the bios but still it didnt work. After a lot of search I finally found the correct driver for my lenovo hardware which was called "Digitizer/Touch driver for X200 Tablet". You can search and try to install this driver and see if it works for you.