Thread: How to add integrated webcam in Lenovo x200

How to add integrated webcam in Lenovo x200

Hello guys, I had purchased a x200 laptop for my personal use past two three month, when I had purchased my x200 laptop that time it cost me less than what it is now. Now the newer version consists of inbuilt webcam. Recently I have started using internet in my laptop and I feel the emptiness of webcam in my laptop so I feel that my laptop should have a webcam. So is it possible to add an integrated web cam in my laptop, what can I do to add an integrated webcam.

Re: How to add integrated webcam in Lenovo x200

As you mention that you want to add an inbuilt webcam in your x200, I think you can add it in your x200 laptop. For these purpose first you need to buy an internal webcam from the company’s outlet if it available. After you purchased a webcam try opening up the LED panel and see if you can see the connector for the camera. Try connecting the webcam in that connector and if it is fixed you can see that your webcam is working. But I would like to warn you that it would be difficult to open the frame and fix the camera.

Looking to your problem, it seems that you need to add an webcam in your x200 laptop, I don’t think that you can add an built in webcam in your x200 because it would be difficult for you to open the led frame of your laptop it may cause some other problem in your laptop. So I would recommend you to go for an external camera it would be good for you to go for an external camera because you will not have to take an extra effort in opening and fixing the webcam. And one more thing that if you go to buy an internal camera it will cost you more than the external webcam.

Hey I would recommend you to go for an external webcam and if you don’t want an external webcam instead of it internal webcam then without taking any risk you should go to your nearest service center. Because if do anything with yourself you might do something wrong like you might not know the wires that would be connected to your webcam and instead of that you may remove some other wire which will create some other problem for you.