Thread: Using super one click on Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo

Using super one click on Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo

I am having a Dell Streak device with me and I want to root it. So, I selected the Super OneClick software to root this device. After installing the software, I turned on my phone in USB debugging mode and turned on unknown apps and unmounted SD card as well. After that I connected all the cables and pressed Root but I immediately got error message saying that SuperOneClick is not responding. Can anyone tell me how do I root Dell Streak with Super Oneclick software? Thanks

Re: Using super one click on Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo

I think that you have to install a custom recovery called Streakmod by using Fastboot and it will then enable you to install Superuser.zip which will root your phone. So try to download and install Streakmod first and then copy it to SD card. After that install downloaded zip as update.zip and then clear your Dalvik cache, wipe your data and do Dells factory reset. Now download Superuser.zip and copy Superuser.zip to SD card. After that flash superuser.zip as an update.zip and restart.

Re: Using super one click on Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo

I was also using Dell Streak phone and it was not able to fastboot DellstreakMod because after a restart the system used to auto overwrite the mod file. So, I have to root first to disable the auto overwrite function. After that I started facing problem with SupperOneClick 2.3.1 but later I solved it by using the older version of Super One Click 1.55. Hope this helps you out.

The problem with Dell Streak is that one click root method is not suggested for this device because it really doesnt woro most of the time. There are many other simple methods to root the Dell Streak phone, so try to use them instead of the Super One Click solution. You can even simply flash the su.zip file using the Streakmod and it will work properly. There is no need to use the one click root method at all.