Thread: How to improve wi-fi on Lenovo X200t

How to improve wi-fi on Lenovo X200t

I have read somewhere that we can improve the performance of the wifi of the laptop by modifying some of the settings in that. I am having the Lenovo X200t and found that the wi-fi is very slow. My wife is having the Macbook air and it is has faster wifi as compared to mine. There is a lot of buffering problem. If you have any idea by which I can improve the performance of the wifi. Please reply fast. I am waiting for the reply. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: How to improve wi-fi on Lenovo X200t

There might be some problem with the wifi card that you are having. So if you want then you can try to use a different wifi card and see if that improves the performance of the wifi. Or there might be some problem with the driver in your laptop. Try to update the driver and see if that helps you in any manner. This is the only thing that I can recommend you at the time. I hope you will be out of the problem soon.

You can try by using a dissimilar browser. According to me Google chrome is the best browser that I have used so far, the others actually cannot be compared -it would be finest to put in the extension. If that doesn't provide speeds you desire, then it is possibly time to acquire a dissimilar Wi-Fi card like previously recommended. This is the last solution for you if none of the other possible solution helps you.

You can increase the indicator on a few laptop which is having interior wifi adapters. To perform this, you will have to click the start menu > control panel > system > select the hardware tab > hit the Device Manager Button > see for the Network adapters node in list tree > right click on wireless adapter > choose properties. See to the properties for anything similar to power save mode and switch it off. You be able to also see for some signal power choice and change it to the max. Each manufacturer is having dissimilar choices therefore you should just play by it. Remember to just alter the one property at one time. If the signal gets worse alter it back. This will assist to discover the most excellent probable signal devoid of breaking something.

There actually is not much you can do to your laptop to improve the signal. You need to get an extension of the antenna can add a router or wireless access point. I've seen people mod their routers by adding to the total length of your antenna welding an extension and then cover it with a straw to protect it, but would not recommend it unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Many of the laptops are having the mini PCI Wi-Fi which is attached to the antenna that is within a plastic screen of the laptop. I was browsing eBay recently and noticed that there were some Wi-Fi amplifiers available that promotes the improvement of the reception. Unfortunately, most amplifiers are designed to be connected to a PCMCIA type card or a router! None of them seemed to be specifically made for mini PCI card.

An antenna boosts the efficient power and sensitivity to the concentration of the radiation pattern in the direction where it is most likely being used. A short antenna launched its signal in a pattern almost spherical (which could be good if you want to cover a multi-storey house with an access point). A whip antenna is higher in more concentrated signal in a disk (it's best if you want to cover one story and the attic and crawl space).