Thread: Need suggestions for buying a new 14" laptop.

Need suggestions for buying a new 14" laptop.

Hi, I am looking to buy a laptop for me. I thought I knew what I wanted until I started searching through internet to find a laptop that suits me. But I found that my choices were not that good. As now, I am not too sure what to get and so I wanted some help in choosing a right laptop. I was looking for HP's Dm4x or Dv4t before. But then I got to know that dm4x's have been a discontinued model. So now I am looking some other 14” laptop. And I would like to take suggestions from you all.

Re: Need suggestions for buying a new 14" laptop.

Its been great that you didn’t buy HP's Dm4x or Dv4t as that are discontinued models. As now you are planning to buy some another laptop, can you please let me know what are your basic requirements in buying a laptop, So that I can help you in finding a laptop for you as per your requirements, as there are too many laptops available in the market. So it would make much each to find a right laptop for you as per your requirements.

I am looking a laptop for, programming, using Fedora, recording my bass guitar, watching movies and some other basic work. I don’t need too size so 14" would be most preferable. Talking about Brands, I’ll prefer HP, Lenovo, or Dell, the battery life should be around 5 to 7 hours, Preferred OS would be windows XP or Windows 7, Screen resolution of 1440x900 and 1600x900, DVD Burner with double layer support is fine

I would highly recommend the 1600x900 option for a 14" laptop. You give a look on the MacBook Pro 13. You can also check Sony Vaio CW series which is pretty cool in usage. Depending upon your budget, both laptops are good easy to carry and both will get your job done easily. Sony CA 1600x900 and HP Elitebook are some other options you can check for.