Thread: I am not able to use z4root on droid 2

I am not able to use z4root on droid 2

Several idea how long the procedure takes. I had acquire a brand innovative x yesterday with the most recent software. I downloaded and have comprised z4root working with on the phone at present and it's been at least 15min and tranquil the entire I have is the spinning wheel/. Waited 10 minutes the initial time, nothing other than a spinning wheel. Rebooted to endeavor the entire in excess off again, and it worked in regarding 10 seconds. Tried rooting my recently virgin DX through this file, for a number of reasons it hangs on the spinning wheel. Any ideas what is wrong with it and what I be supposed to do here.

Re: I am not able to use z4root on droid 2

If you have encompassed installed the 2.3.340 system to bring up to date for the Droid X or 2.3.320 for the Droid 2 and are hating life exclusive of root access, do not be anxious! The Z4root still works! It has been pulled commencing from the market the entire in excess off again, other than the entire is well then extremely well. To root, basically download the apk commencing from above. When it finishes, tap “Install” to install it. You have to open it and hit it off “Permanent Root” to root your phone.

I am persuaded I am not being rooted. I have comprised and prowled the forums and do not observe where I am going wrong. I be uncertain to endeavor the permanent rooting method, until I observe there are no tribulations with the temporary root. Froyo 2.2, USB cable off, USB debugging checkered. Mysterious sources checkered If I do run busybox installer, it does say "BusyBox was not found!" On the other hand, when I originally ran z4root, I went the route of 'problem' and it installs BusyBox. I be able to observe it in my list of installed applications I would appreciate several troubleshooting guidance.

I read where additional had a predicament through a temporary root other than not with the permanent root. I went ahead and endeavor the permanent. It worked exclusive of a hitch. The Droid X 2 weeks previous I am endeavoring the temporary root alternative It reads I am rooted until my subsequently reboot, additional than I am trying to utilize the wifi tether and it reads “Sorry, other than your kernel does not have the entire necessary characteristics for running the application.”

From what I appreciate, the temporary root maintains you rooted merely unless you reboot. So each time you reboot the phone, you have encompassed to temporary root in z4root in excess of again. Otherwise, just presently do the permanent root. The characteristics its talking regarding is Access-Control, which has by no means actually worked to begin through. The app determine to still do what it’s supposed to just presently you not be able to utilize that one characteristic. Just did not acquire the pop-up to permit su privileges.

This actually stinks. This magnificent diminutive Z4Root app gave us who do not have comprised the tech knowledge to go commencing from side to side a difficult manual Motorola Droid, 1st generation Verizon Moto Droid, root to have right of entry. This program proceeding to bring up to date worked flawless, now sense the Verizon Droid update it has cause to be this program dead. I am anxious for the reason that all my phones backup through a great market app called Titanium Backup Pro, which I be able to no longer access due to the root exploit through Z4Root being rendered dead, in addition not be able to utilize BusyBox app.