Thread: How does wi-fi and 3G connection work on ipad?

How does wi-fi and 3G connection work on ipad?

I am planning to buy a Apple iphone or ipad but before buying it I have some questions regarding iphone and ipad as I don’t know much about its functions and how does it work! I had I question that I needed to ask here, I am under this impression that through ipad or iphone one can access internet for free! Is this right? And even using of wi-fi and 3Gis for free! I don’t know much about wi-fi and 3, I am aware that wi-fi is using internet without any dial-up connection and both wi-fi and 3G is the fastest way to access internet but don’t know how does it work?. Please share your views here so that it would be easy for me to buy iphone or ipad

Re: How does wi-fi and 3G connection work on ipad?

Great you are planning for the best; it’s good that you are searching the information before buying the iphone or ipad. Before you go and buy the iphone or ipad for yourself, I would like to tell you that, nothing comes for free you need to pay for everything in this world, including using internet on your ipad or iphone, you have to pay the charges for the data you use on your iphone or ipad, you don’t get it free unless your service provider provides you it for free.

3G is the “Third generation telecommunications” this is the higher version of 1Gand 2G connections it also the fastest internet connection available today for mobile phones and computers, to use 3G you need to connect your device to a data connection where as Wi-FI is a wireless network that needs no dial up connection to connect it to internet it, a router is fixed through which signals are received are decoded to internet signals that are then used to connect internet. You have to pay for both 3G as well as for Wi-FI connection.

To use 3G service on your iphone or ipad you need to get a data card from your service provider that will connect you to the internet by the 3G connection provided by your server, as once you are activate on 3G you can start using the internet from your browser but before using it kindly conform the data charges for the service with your service provider, as the service won’t be free and you might get charged too much for the data you will use.

To use Wi-Fi connection you don’t need to have any dial up connection to connect your device to internet, all you need to have a Wi-Fi connection nearby you and you can connect your device for free, but the connection provider who has the router that sends signals for internet has to pay for the data that is been used, if the wi-fi connection that you using is yours than you have to pay for the data used. But Wi-fi can be used for free if you get wireless connections.

Thank you guys for providing me this much knowledge about using 3G and Wi-Fi connections for using internet, as I hardly knew all these things that you all have told me, I had a wrong impression that with iphone or ipad I can have free 3G or Wi-Fi connections, but now I know much about 3G and wi-fi connections, as now I thing both the connection 3G and Wi-Fi would be great to use on my ipad or iphone