Thread: Audio not working in Compaq R3000 Laptop

Audio not working in Compaq R3000 Laptop

Hey! I have upgraded my operating system on my Compaq R3000 Laptop from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system. Since then my audio is not working showing message ‘’device cannot start code10”. If anyone have solution for this then please do reply.

Re: Audio not working in Compaq R3000 Laptop

The best and simple way of solving this threat is installing it from the driver installation CD. Your audio will start working. I suggest you to go to the Device manager, select the audio driver then right click on it, in that click on update driver to update it. The update will be done and installed in your computer. This updation of driver is necessary for better performance of the driver and new features. I guess your driver will be fine and working smoothly.

Seeing your problem, I recommend you to perform certain steps to get rid of this. Download SP29586.exe from the internet using your browser, after that run it and create a directory Stsetup in C drive. Once all the files are extracted do not install. Without installing go to Star Menu click on device and printers. In that you will see that your sound driver with a yellow triangle on it will show windows 7 install already is a realtek ac 97 which is not working. Select the hardware tab and look for the Realtek ac 97 below the Device functions, after that select it and click properties in that update driver, select the option of let me pick from a list of devices drivers following with click on have disk. Browse it in the location where you have already created a directory in C drive. In that select Stetup\SP29586\SMAXWDM\W2K_XP and click on smwdnCH6.inf now your Soundmax Driver window should open, select ok and next. I am sure Sound will start working properly.

Problem is not solved yet? Then try again reinstalling Windows 7 in your computer. I think you have not installed your operating system properly. Before installing go to the official website check instruction carefully to install windows 7 and follow them as they should be. Use proper Windows 7 installation CD and during installation process provide all necessary information required. Avoid interrupting the process for successful installation.