Thread: Windows XP does not boot in dell inspiron 8200

Windows XP does not boot in dell inspiron 8200

Hello guys I was using Dell studio laptop with windows vista and I lost my laptop due to motherboard crash and I am not able to use that laptop. Right now I am using old dell inspiron 8200 laptop in which there is windows XP is installed. Laptop was working fine and some days before I have turn off the laptop as we normally do but when I turn on the laptop at next day from that time it starts normally with boot screen after that it screen goes black. Is there any solution for this problem?

Re: Windows XP does not boot in dell inspiron 8200

To fix this issue You have to first insert your WINDOWS XP installation CD in your laptop and after that try to repair the operating system by selecting the repair option after restarting the laptop and if you still get the same problem then you have install the windows XP again by selecting the fresh copy installation. You may lose the data from the drive in which you install the windows XP but your problem will get solved. I hope this trick will fix this issue.

I have gone through your post and I think you can solve this problem by doing BIOS update. Many times this type of issues can occurred due to our BIOS and we can fix that by updating it. you can update the BIOS by downloading the BIOS installation file in some other computer and after that you have to copy that file in DOS-bootable diskette. After that you have to restart the laptop. Now after that you have to follow the screen instruction. After updating the BIOS check whether your laptop is able to load the Windows XP or not.

If you want to do the BIOS update in your laptop then you can do that by doing following procedure.
    • First you have to download the BIOS update file by clicking here DELL INSPIRON 8200 SYSTEM BIOS.
    • Now after clicking on that you have to select the Non-Packaged option and download the I8200A11.EXE this file.
    • After downloading that file you have to make one bootable disk by copying this file in that disk.
    • Once you burn the bootable disk after that inserting your RAM and after that restart the laptop and update the BIOS.

Now after doing the BIOS update check all the BIOS setting is proper or not and then your problem will get solved easily.

I have take the data backup of me laptop by removing attaching the hard disk with other computer and after that first I have tried to solve the problem by repairing the widows with no luck and after that I have installed the fresh copy of the windows XP but after that also I was facing the same issue. now after that I have done the BIOS update in my laptop by following your given instruction but it doesn’t make any difference for me. Is there any other way to fix this?

The trick of running Dell Diagnostics really worked for me. After reading your post I have restart the laptop and then I have start running Dell Diagnostics by pressing F12 key and I get the Dell Diagnostics option, now after running Dell Diagnostics all the problem gets solved in my laptop and windows XP is not giving me any issue. Now my laptop is working fine. Thank you so much for giving me that suggestion and other information. I really appreciate your help.