Thread: how to install OS on ASUS Eee PC 1001pxd based ?

how to install OS on ASUS Eee PC 1001pxd based ?

I have recently bought the ASUS Eee PC 1001pxd laptop. when I have bought the laptop at that time there was no operating system was installed on my laptop. I get got my laptop with express gate cloud. Now after that I tried to install windows XP in my laptop and at that time my system was saying that bootmgr is missing. After trying that when I restart the laptop from that time I was not able to access the express gate also. Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: how to install OS on ASUS Eee PC 1001pxd based ?

As far as I know ASUS Eee PC 1001pxd laptop comes with windos7 starter. I have checked on the internet and it is mentioned there that ASUS Eee PC 1001pxd comes with the windows 7. I would like to tell you that you should confirm with your retailer who gave you this laptop and ask about this. You can also ask there about your operating system problem in laptop. I hope this information will be helpful to you and you will get the operating system in your laptop.

I think you should try to install the operating system by using USB flesh drive. First of all you have to set the removable device as first boot and after that try to install the operating system. You can set the removable device as 1st boot device by going in to your BIOS setting and after that selecting the Boot tab. After setting it try to install the windows by using the USB flesh drive and after that you will not get any issue with your laptop. if you want more information then let me know.

As you have said that after trying to install windows you get error and after that you are not able to access the express gate also then first you have to do factory restore in your laptop. You can do the factory restore in your laptop by doing these steps. First start the laptop and after that press F9 key. Now you will be able to see the Restore Factory Settings option after that select it and then it will restore the setting. Now you will be able to access the express gate and install the windows.

As you have said I have done restore factory setting in my laptop and then my problem get solved. Now whenever I try to install the windows at that time it is not able to complete the installation. When I try to select the partition at that time my laptop show me the blue screen. I have try to install the windows by using different CD but I get the same problem. is there any way to solve this issue then please suggest me solution. I am waiting for your reply.

Sometime due to hard disk issues also this type of problem can be occurred and to fix that problem we have to format our hard disk. I think you should try to format the hard disk by connecting it with other computer or laptop. Now after connecting your hard disk with other machine try to fix your problem and after that check whether you are able to install the operating system or not. If that trick doesn’t help you then I think you should contact service center.