Thread: Broadcasting channels in BlackBerry Curve 8520?

Broadcasting channels in BlackBerry Curve 8520?

I am sure that you all must be aware or have heard of the term channel broadcasting in the phone. now what I am saying is that how to add channels in my phone so that I can get a list of channels in it. Does the channel ID differ in other countries as well. From many days I am trying to add channels in my phone and I am unable to do it so that’s why I have come here to seek some help from you all so please do reply on the solution for my problem I am waiting for the solutions from you all.

Re: Broadcasting channels in BlackBerry Curve 8520?

Well it depends on the country in which you are living. So better check for the customer service first call them up and have a talk with them whether the particular service is supported or not. If in your country broadcasting channels are not supported then it is of no use looking out for the feature in your phone, no matter what you do in your phonbe that will be of no use at all, so better have a chat with them first and I will explain your further as if what would be the perfect solution for your problem, so do try that and let me know if It was of any use ofr you.

Yes I did have a chat with the manufactures about the particular thing and yes it is actually supported then why I am not able to do that? Can you please tell me it is either my method is wrong or some problem is there with the phone itself, any two things can happen over here. So you only tell me as if what would eb the perfect solution for the problem. Please do guide me through the solutions it will be really very grateful of you to help me in the situations like these.

Ok then here goes the solution for you. Follow the steps that I have given here below and I am sure that it will be of good help for you.
    1) In the home screen you will have to go to th e options and then advanced.
    2) Now select Cell Broadcast Settings., now you need to change the settings and turn the Cell Broadcasting Service field to On.
    3) Now if you get to see any of the broadcast channels then you have to check it, in case if it does not appear then you have to just highlight the box and then add channel. Now you need to type the channel id and then OK.
    4) Now Select the check box beside a language and in the menu key select the save option.
    Do work on it and I am sure that it will be the ideal solution for you.

Hey thanks that worked for me and I am amazed that this suggestion did work for me, so thanks a ton for the solutions that you have given here. Thanks a lot for the support that you have given here. Well at first I was not getting the blank space from where I had to put the channel id. Now finally having got it I am able to do the same. Thanks a ton for all the useful information that you have given over here and hence appreciate your efforts for the same over here.