Thread: Check Speed between Chromebook and WiFi router

Check Speed between Chromebook and WiFi router

Is it possible for me to verify the pace among my Chromebook as well as my home wifi router? I inquire this for the reason that I simply have 2 bars of signal power and doubt if this will restrict my Internet connection speed. I can effortlessly test out the Internet speed through speedtest, except I'm unconfident how to check my connection speed to wifi router. Is there any different way to do this?

Re: Check Speed between Chromebook and WiFi router

One of the most universal problems encountered while performing a speed examination is that citizens tend to achieve so by the use of a Wi-Fi connection. Next to MyspeedtestOnline website it is suggested performing the check by the use of a RJ45 cable from router straight toward Chromebook. In lots of cases users will right away observe a main development above a Wi-Fi Connection. This is typically because of the truth that occasionally, Wi-Fi routers signal is not powerful enough otherwise your computer is not in an excellent signal range causing packet loss.

If you are getting low or signal then it is the fault of the Wifi router as I think. If you are not able to test the speed of internet connection then you can test the speed by the use of different system connecting to the same wifi router. Speedtest sometimes fails to test the speed of the internet if there any interruption occurred. You should re- configure the wifi router and check the signal once again.

Is it possible for you to access the control panel or setting page of the wifi router? If yes, then you can easily check the speed of the internet which you are getting in between the chromebook and the router. Otherwise just ping the network or by the name of any webpage. You will get to know about the response time. However if you would like to know only the speed of the internet then you can either contact the ISP or can test the speed with some online websites.

I don’t think that you will get any kind of signal shortage with wifi router. However make sure that there is no other wifi signal is interfering your’s one nearby you or your home. Sometimes collision between 2 wifi signals usually causes the signal to drop and also makes the device to get low strength. However in Chromebook or in Chrome OS I don’t think that you will get any different way in order to get the speed between 2. You can only get web application for Chromebook but they won’t be helpful at all.

As far as I know that the Chromebook can accept some Linux based command because the Google chrome OS or Chromium is a developed by the use of Linux Kernel. So if you know some of the network related commands in Linux then you might apply here I think but I don’t know how. I am also looking for to do this but didn’t get a way yet because I use Linux most of the time. When I found a way to do this I will post it back here.

The Chromebook will automatically configure with the Wifi router without any settings needed manually. It is really good but if you need to customize the settings then it would be slight difficult for you. However I know that you can access the router’s control panel by the help of your web browser. You just need to enter the router address in URL and then login with proper credentials. If you can, then I really hope that you can test the internet speed as well as wifi signal without much effort.