Thread: SMS icon is missing in blackberry curve 8900

SMS icon is missing in blackberry curve 8900

I have owned the blackberry curve 8900 mobile and I am using this device from last three months. Some days before my battery get fully drained and after starting the charging when I start the mobile at that time I have noticed that there is no SMS icon in mobile. I never had this kind of problem with my device and I have not done anything with my mobile setting. Because of this problem I am not able to read any messages in my mobile. How to get rid of this problem?

Re: SMS icon is missing in blackberry curve 8900

Have you applied any theme in your blackberry curve 8900 then first switch to its default theme, because in many themes comes with the different icon formation and because of that we find it difficult to locate the option which we want and that is why I am suggestion you that apply the default blackberry theme and then check whether SMS icon is there or not. if this trick doesn’t help you then there may be problem with your blackberry curve 8900.

First check that when you receive any message at that did you get any notification and are you able to open the messages? If you are able to do that then it means your messages option is not gone anywhere but your SMS icon has moved to any folder or it might get hidden. First open all the folders in your mobile and check whether SMS icon there or not if you find the message icon then it is good but if you still miss the SMS icon then it might be the software issue.

It sounds like your mobile is having software issue and if you want to solve it then you have to fix it by doing restore factory setting and after that check whether your problem get solved or not? if that idea didn’t make any difference then I think you have to reinstall the black berry operating system in your mobile and after that your problem will gets solved surely. I hope this information will be helpful to you and you will be able to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Thank you for giving me replies with useful information but I am still facing the same problem with my mobile and SMS icon is still missing from blackberry curve 8900. I am not using any theme and I have also tried to solve this problem by doing mobile reset but after that also I am getting the same problem with my blackberry curve 8900. I have no idea about updating the mobile operating system and I don’t want to take any risk with my mobile device is there any trick to get rid of this problem.

You can easily update the blackberry operating system in your mobile with the help of blackberry desktop software. You can download the blackberry software on its official site. But I will suggest you to just go to the blackberry service center and after that discuss about your problem and they will give you solution regarding that. I hope you will get the proper solution for your problem. you can also update the blackberry operating system in blackberry service center.