Thread: How to connect BlackBerry Playbook with Cisco VPN 3005?

How to connect BlackBerry Playbook with Cisco VPN 3005?

I am having a Blackberry Playbook from past couple of days. Well I am looking to connect my Playbook with the VPN but it did not seems to be working at all. However I have noticed that I am able to do the same with the Blackberry Torch of mine. I have already tried with the basic, advanced and manual algorithm to get the requirement of mine. But it did not worked at all. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated.

Re: How to connect BlackBerry Playbook with Cisco VPN 3005?

I am not sure about the thing which I am going to mentioned over here but you can consider the thing to get the further help. Well I am suspecting that there is a conflict between the IP of the Playbook of yours and the VPN which you are supposed to use. So you have to look carefully in the set up and see whether you have recognized the thing which I have mentioned over here in this particular thread.

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting following things to configure the VPN on the Blackberry Playbook of yours.
    • First of all you have to get Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator of the version of 4.7.
    • Second thing you need to have Networks Associates PGP Client of the version of 6.5.1.

You can get the same from the official website. So you should download the same and let me know.

The Blackberry Playbook is having the features which seems to be compatible with the Cisco VPN concentrators. To configure the VPN you need to use the following instructions.
    1. You have to search for the Settings into Playbook of yours and then go for Security.
    2. Now you have to select the Option Add new VPN connection. You have to enter the necessary details into resulting window and Save the same.
    3. You will see the connection in the list and you have to click on the Connect to start the VPN connection.

So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

If you are using Cisco IOS with the Easy VPN to connect with the corporate network which would give you an ability to change anything in the config. You should be aware of everything regarding the algorithm. I have used the manual selection to get connected VPN and the Playbook of mine. So you should learn the algorithm carefully and try to connect with VPN and see whether it is helpful to you or not.

Let me know whether you are able to connect your Playbook with VPN or not. If your answer is no then I recommend that you should contact the RIM on this particular matter. You should contact them and tell them about the problem which you are getting. According to me the RIM would help you out to fix the matter of yours. Let me know the experience of yours so that other users on this forum can learn from the experience of yours.