Thread: Playbook takes excess of time to charge

Playbook takes excess of time to charge

I have bought blackberry playbook tablet for me. After using it several days I have observed that now there is some charging problem with my playbook. Actually it takes more time to get charged. This hasn’t been before so don’t know because of what this problem is causing. I have observed that it took nearly two hours to get fully charge, although it was having 50 % of charging. So tell me whether it is normal or some sort of problem.

Re: Playbook takes excess of time to charge

This problem which you stated here is relatively attention-grabbing. I guess you would be using the wifi connections daily and after use of that you won’t be turning it OFF. Thus this may cause to consume more battery power and you seem that your battery is not proper and consider it as a problem. So initially just check by turning wifi OFF and analyze the battery talk time again and post back if it still consumes more battery as well take more time to charge.

I guess that your charger is not proper. Actually the charger is not supplying the enough power to playbook and due to this it is taking more time to get fully charged. So better is to charge the playbook using different charger, you can arrange the charger from your friend and just look whether still it takes the maximum time. Also if possible try with new charger which provides higher current, thus due to this playbook would acquire the sufficient power and would work properly

After analyzing your query I came to be acquainted with about your problem. There can be quite a lot of cause for this problem but I think this issue is due to the battery, and probably it is damaged. So to confirm the same just replace your battery with other one, instead you can go for a new one. If you find that it is really a battery problem. Thus doing this would not take again the excessive time to get charged. So let me know the same.

There are a lot of vital things that can be prepared to boost the performance of the battery. First thing is to clean the contacts of the battery; usually it gets rusted if not cleaned for longer time. You can use any cleaner to make it work properly by cleaning the surface of it. Then you should keep the battery away from direct sunlight or more cold areas. Then you should charge the battery when the playbook comes around to 25 % of battery, this way the maintenance of battery would work well.