Thread: Which is best Nexus S 4G or HTC Thunderbolt

Which is best Nexus S 4G or HTC Thunderbolt

I have been just thinking about switching to the Nexus S 4g; I presently have the thunderbolt for Verizon. I know I have to exchange to sprint and that’s not an issue. The questions I have is should I take the plunge? How’s sprints coverage? Or should I only wait for the next Nexus to appear? And can you all split your pros and cons of your device? Please let me know if anyone has any idea or any suggestion for this.

Re: Which is best Nexus S 4G or HTC Thunderbolt

As I have not at all utilized a Thunderbolt, you will have to take the below with a grain of salt. First, Verizon's coverage is superior to Sprint's coverage. Sprint's countrywide coverage has next to no inhabitant coverage in Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming, and Nevada. Other areas are sparser than Verizon too. On the other hand, Sprint has free roaming with 3G speeds (presumptuous Verizon has 3G in that area). You won't obtain Sprint services like Sprint Navigation, TV, and so on. While roaming (as a minimum I don't think you do).

The things I liked were great battery life (even with deprived signal at my work), standard google with no sprint branding in any way, inhabitant hotspot feature works like google planned it to work, the size was truly good, amoled screen looked very nice, and the phone was too quick in the whole thing I did. It was as well very simple to root and get Superuser on (other than requiring moving a few of the tools in android SDK from 'platform-tools' to 'tools').

Find the sprint map regarding coverage in the other hand I will go with the Nexus man stash android blows out of the water in speed , I had an evo (thunderbolt brother , virtually with a few updates ) LTE is immense though (where it works ). So I had and Evo with CM7 steady but at a standstill someway had bugs, on Nexus S I don't have any bugs and I don't even overlook 720 p video recording, and I am contented that I am getting upsets directly from google, the evo got gingerbread 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 is out and I bet that's almost the last update for evo so not gtalk video chat.

We both came to the NS4G from the Bolt, and when I do overlook the grand service, the Nexus makes it merit it. I have no doubts switching. If you are running CM on your bolt after that the switch is a no brainer. Not to state you’re going to save money with sprint. Don't let them talk you into a huge plan. The 69 + 10 dollar for wimax is limitless mobile to mobile on any network. Very good deal. Not to state Sprint gives reduction for almost the whole thing.

Considering sprint has the biggest voice coverage in the US, exchanging to Sprint isn't an awful way to go if you are looking for well voice coverage. Verizon has superior 3G coverage though, and superior 4G coverage. In general, my just trouble with the Nexus S 4g (vs. my old evo) is the Wi-Fi antenna is not as good. When the bars jump around much more than the evo, I get same performance or coverage. If quick data speeds are very significant to you, Verizon is maybe a better bet. If you just require data connection to grab emails, utilize google navigation, and so on, sprint works great.