Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to successfully root HTC Evo Shit with Z4root?

Portable Devices

Old 18-06-2011

How to successfully root HTC Evo Shit with Z4root?

I recently got htc evo shift. I was amazed if the z4root will work on this phone I have it downloaded and tried to install once but got afraid and pulled the battery. Can anyone tell me if this would be safe? I’m not difficult to make my phone a paper weight any information would be esteemed .Also if anybody can help me in getting root on my htc evo shift. Let me know alternative ways of achieving root on my htc evo shift.

Old 18-06-2011

re: How to successfully root HTC Evo Shit with Z4root?

I recently got htc evo shift. I was amazed to see the number of result I found on internet for getting temporary root on htc evo shift. As of now there is no solution for permanent rooting. After spending some time I found out various ways to get local root on my htc evo shift but it is temporary. Every time u restart your htc evo shift u have to run again exploit to get temporary root. We have to wait for some time to wait for some time to get permanent solution for rooting.
Old 18-06-2011

There are multiple solutions available for getting local root on htc evo shift. I have used Z4root to get local root on my htc evo shift .Z4root can be installed in following steps.
1 Download z4root
2 install it as you install any other apk
3 open the application and hit temporary root
4 Now you have temporary root on your phone.
Every time u restarts your phone you need to follow above step to get temporary root.
Old 18-06-2011

I got temporary root on my htc evo shift by using visionary tool .Following are the steps to install visionary tool on your htc evo shift.
• Temporary root on boot - utilize this temporary root on each boot
• Runs visionary.sh after root - It will allow you to run code after cracking.
• Set system r/w after root – Allow you to read/write after cracking.
• Temporary root now – root will be lost after reboots. It is temporary root.
• Effort permanent root now - effort to affect a permanent root.
• Unroot now –This will remove your everything which is installed in your phone.
Old 18-06-2011

Visionary do work, I twisted on temporary root on boot and then I pressed temporary root now and it restarts the phone. The phone was moreover taking its time or got stuck on the 4G for 2-3 mins so I pulled the battery and started the phone up once more. I installed connectbot and typed super user and got# privileges. Tried the reboot command and it doesn’t let me in I went into root explorer and it provoked the super user application, gave it authorization and on track hacking away at bloat ware. No luck, it still came back from the crucial.
Old 18-06-2011

So far-off, we got a temporary solution for temporary rooting htc evo shift. No point in demanding unrevoked as it scans for the device name and shows "sorry, the device immediate and is not supported" (paraphrasing).look forward to know a little more about rooting htc evo shift and getting permanent root on it . You can get to hboot by pressing down the volume while powering on.i think z4root and visionary will release permanent solution for rooting the htc evo shift.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,