Thread: How to successfully root HTC Hero using z4root?

How to successfully root HTC Hero using z4root?

This is a lesson for people who have difficulty rooting with z4root and gets a half rooted phone after clicking 'permanent root' in the first position.

1. Download z4root from 4shared.
    2. Install the z4root apk.

3. Open z4root; make sure your usb debug is on.
    4. Get on the temporary root key.

5. Once the temporary root complete, click the permanent root key

6. When the permanent root completes and says 'restarting’, drag your battery and start up the phone.
    That's it. You are now fixed. Install clockworkmod recovery through Rom Manager from the market or download the recovery.img and zip it in a HERCIMG.zip and fix it via hboot (which is my individual favorite)

re: How to successfully root HTC Hero using z4root?

The first time when I used z4root in my htc hero I was actually irritated when it got immovable on the "restarting" and it seem to take more than a few try. The key is to open your application drawer after rooting. If you see Super user, you're excellent. Also, just feel like to tip out that the HERCIMG.zip installing only works if your super user is off. In any situation, if your Super user is OFF you don't even have to go from beginning to end to the root procedure

It is my first time I’m rooting my htc hero using z4root but when I downloaded the file from the website of z4root and when I tried to install the apk it doesn’t allow me to install apk. When I tried allowing the third party application it allowed me installing apk , after that I follow the steps to unroot my htc hero and finally I was successfully rooted in to my htc hero but I don’t thinks its permanent root .Enjoying my htc hero with root on it.

I like t o add that if you try flashing your phone through rom manager it won’t work and it will damage your htc hero I like to quit recommending flashing through rom manager. It’s horrible and too many things go wrong. Try to flash your htc hero always in recover mode and when your boot loader is up. IT will solve your lots of problem related to your flash. I recommend you to use z4root for rooting purpose. Its dam good.

I brought htc hero three days ago and I followed the instruction to unroot my phone using z4root.Its quite simple to unroot your phone using Z4root. Just you have to follow the instruction of z4root to get root on your htc hero. After few steps u will have your root on your htc hero. I just enjoy playing with my htc hero installing application and games. I like to thanks z4root developer for releasing this solution and tool for unrooting htc hero.

I brought htc hero couple of days ago but I was facing problem to unroot my htc hero using z4root but finally after reading instruction I was able to unroot my htc hero using z4root. Z4root instructions are very simple and you don’t need much brain to understand it’s too simple even a ten years boy can do it. Z4root developers are always good with their work they always try to make thing simpler rather than making complex.