Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-06-2011

how to replace the a droid x screen

Hey guys i am using a droid from 15days.It is an awesome experience I got and it is the best device I ever seen but yesterday accidentally my a droid screen is damaged now please tell me what should I do for the screen damage of the droid x thus and tell me stepwise procedure to replace the screen of the a droid x please ,thus anyone have same glitch, need suggestion. Thank you
Old 17-06-2011

Re: how to replace the a droid x screen

hey guys unlike the iphone the screen on a droid is is extremely difficult the way the phone was developed .the way the was developed, the digitizer (the plastic screen underneath the glass)is glued right to gorilla glasss.when trying to replace a cracked a screen ,you actually peel the glass of the digitizer. To make the things even more difficult and even risky you can?t disconnect from the cell phone itself .There is a piece of electrical ribbon hardwired directly to the motherboard and processor. If you break it (which is actually really easy to do) the touch screen part of the droid x is useless. Without the touch screen, you can?t even get to the home screen.
Old 17-06-2011

first turned off the phone then remove the battery and please make sure that don?t tear the ribbon there is thin piece of electrical ribbon attached to digitizer.the ribbon Ishardwired to the motherboard and needs to be handled very carefully .take screwdriver or something and carefully remove the different pieces of glass. the plastic digitize is quite durable so long as you careful with the ribbon you don?t worry the about tearing .
Old 17-06-2011

I insist you that first switch off you?re a droid .then Until someone starts manufacturing replacement gorilla glass screens, the next best option would probably be to cut out a piece of non reflective, thin plexiglass and use spray on glue. you can get both at home depot. Use an exacto knife to cut out the exact size that you need. (a good idea is to make a paper stencil using the phone itself. Spray the glue onto the digitizer and carefully remount it onto the plexiglass or screen.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,