Thread: Z4root application is not working after doing firmware upgrade on galaxy tab

Z4root application is not working after doing firmware upgrade on galaxy tab

I am using the Samsung Galaxy Tab which was running on the 2.1 firmware. I did not find any of the problems in using it I was even able to Root it. But when I updated my Firmware to 2.2 which is froyo, I am facing problem in rooting my Galaxy tab. I even tried to use the 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 versions of the Z4Root. I am unable to find any of the methods to root my phone. Please someone help me to root it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Z4root application is not working after doing firmware upgrade on galaxy tab

To root your Galaxy Tab, you will require Z4root application. You can download it. Once you download it, you have to enable the USB debugging option in your phone. You can do it by going into the settings from the menu option. In settings select Application and then select development and enable the USB debugging. After enabling USB debugging, from the Application menu launch the ZRoot and then enter on Root button. You will get rooted.

Re: Z4root application is not working after doing firmware upgrade on galaxy tab

By tapping the Root option you will find that your phone will restart. To check whether you were successfully rooted or not, go to the Application and run Z4Root. In your Application tray you can find a new Superuser application, this will make you sure that you were rooted successfully. If you are not able to find the Superuser application then, repeat the procedure to root it. Restart your device again to complete the rooting procedure. You will get successfully rooted if your device restarts.

You can download and install the KIES software. After installing the KIES it should be connected at least once with device. Keep the USB debugging enabled in your device. Make sure that you have removed your SD card while rooting. You also need to download and install the SuperOneClick from the internet. Follow the steps to root it:
    • Get our device connected and Synchronized with the KIES, disabling the debugging mode.
    • After that disconnect your device and enable the debugging mode.
    • Connect back the device to the PC. After connecting click on the Home button, this will exit the KIES connection.
    • Now you can click on the SuperOneClick.exe to launch it.
    • Select the Root option and then wait for 5-10 minutes.
    This will make you to Root you device.

I also faced the same problem. Until the Sprint updated to 2.21 I was using my Z4Root. But once it got updated, now I am unable to Root it using Z4Root. It means that my Z4Root has stopped working. As I came to know that if you ever try unrooting and then rooting it again then, it will fail to root. And also seems that if you root your device the manufacturer will close the user warranty. So whatever we do must be done at our own risks.