Thread: Problem to unroot Z4root

Problem to unroot Z4root

Hey guys, I brought a new phone that has DroidX. So wanted to check some of the things so I rooted my phone last night. So I used Z4Root to root my phone. It was working perfectly, and was satisfied with the feature that was available in my phone. When I went to unroot the phone, I found there is no unroot option. There is only one option I get and that is to root again. I also tried to root the phone again but I dint find any option of unroot. Is there any way that I can unroot my phone.

Re: Problem to unroot Z4root

Do you have Clockwork recovery mod installed in your phone? If yes then you must remove it .I think there is always only one option to unroot and that is the “unroot” option. This should be the correct way to unroot your phone. In the Z4Root, you a button called unroot. It worked for me very well. I don’t think that there might be any other way to unroot it. I don’t know any other way to unroot. If you find any other way then please do inform me also.

I think that it might be problem with the version that you are using of Z4. It seems that there is no current version that you are using is available in the market. It seems that you might be needed to download the new version and after downloading open the application to check whether your Super User is granted or not. If you are granted with Super User then you can now find the unroot option, if it was earlier not found.

Why do you want to unroot your phone? If you want to rename a file or remove it then only you use unroot option. I am not sure why this button is missing in your phone. Anyhow if you want, then you need to have permission of SuperUser. Only this method can find whether your phone is rooted or not. Whenever you open your Z4Root application it should always prompt you for the option of SuperUser.

I was also having the same issue with my Z4Root in my phone. After doing lots of research and searching on google for a long time I found out that I was having an older version of Z4Root. So what I was supposed to do was to just to install the latest version of the Z4Root. I was having Z4Root 1.1.0 version which was an older version. So I upgraded it to Z4Root 1.3.0 and found that I got the option of unroot button.

I am having an LG Optimus M that is running on android 2.2. Using the Z4Root version 1.0, I rooted my phone. After rooting when I went back I found that there was no unroot option available. I then used LG Mobile Tool to upgrade it. I then upgraded it to 2.2.2. It also upgraded my ZRoot to version 1.3 from version 1.0. And then I found out that the newer version has the unroot option in it. It seems that the older version of ZRoot which was 1.0 was having an issue with the unroot option.