Thread: 3G not working Samsung 5 series Chromebook

3G not working Samsung 5 series Chromebook

AS you know that few days ago the Samsung and Acer released new series of Chromebook. In that the I have purchased the 3G enabled Samsung 5 series Chromebook . When I first booted this notebook it was showing the accurate options beneath the Wi-Fi signal strength icon (permit wireless data/enable Verizon connectivity) except currently each and every one of those options are vanished. Right now the settings simply display Wi-Fi, no mobile broadband or 3G connectivity. Why so?

Re: 3G not working Samsung 5 series Chromebook

Through the collaboration of Google with E-Plus, the Samsung Series 5 Chrome Book to launch in Germany over a 3G connection. Over a period of two months, E-Plus provides up to one GB data volume per month for free. But sometime it may be possible that 3G connectivity not working in your chromebook. The reason for this issue may be due to that you have enabled the wifi connection as well as 3G connection at a time. Due to the confliction 3G might have been disabled. You need to re-enable it again.

To the extent that I can inform, most problems up until now are being determined by means of a reboot (3G just came into view on one occasion I rebooted a next time). In my opinion, I knew what I was receiving myself into through ordering the foremost customer edition of a Chromebook, except Google almost certainly requests to act rapidly on these bugs at this instant that main sellers have started shipping.

I think that the integrated modem in it might not be functioning properly inside your Samsung Chromebook. There reason for this issue may be due to either the manufacturer fault or the driver related issue if it is applicable. However there will not be any kind of options or choice to create new connection in Chromebook. Everything will be done by default once the 3G is enabled on your chromebook. However sometimes it would become necessary to play with some commands if anything goes wrong

The general borders of Wi-Fi/3G denote that the always-on scenery of these almost certainly won’t be that functional while commuting, at any rate within the UK demanding to obtain a 3G reaction resting on a train isn’t leaving to be probable, and without doubt not when airborne. It leftovers to be noticed how much further of a restriction this is than on a regular laptop, I’d anticipate office applications for instance word processors as well as spreadsheets to be accessible offline.

I think that you are first customer who is complaining about this issue. I know that many other people have bought this chromebook but nobody have yet complained about this issue yet. So I think that it is about your device itself. Either the whole settings might have been changed otherwise this service has been disabled by your service provide. Have you contacted the network service provider up to now? If you still cannot able to find what the problem is that is causing 3G to not work then there is only one option left for you and that is send your chromebook for replacement.

Is there any kind of reset or restore option otherwise settings or else button in your chromebook which makes your device to takes back to default position like when you first purchased it? If yes then you should try this one first if there is no data reside in the device. Furthermore see whether the device is asking for any kind of settings, something similar to be changed or not. if you have already tried all of this thing then I think that I need some time to get into that. If I get the solution I will post it back for you.