Thread: Apps automatically uninstall itself in LG Optimus S mobile

Apps automatically uninstall itself in LG Optimus S mobile

Hey people, please help me. I am going through a very frustrating and irritating problem with my Android 2.2 (Froyo) running LG Optimus S mobile. Recently I have been facing this problem where some of the installed applications in my mobile automatically uninstall themselves, without even notifying me about the same. Because of this issue I have to constantly keep reinstalling all the apps in my mobile from scratch. Can anyone tell me why this is happening in my LG Optimus S mobile phone. It will be very appreciative of you to look upon the problem and share some of your quality suggestions with me.

Re: Apps automatically uninstall itself in LG Optimus S mobile

I assume this to be occurring because of some virus issues. I can’t see any other reason that would force any application to automatically uninstall itself from your mobile phone without even informing me. Make sure that your LG Optimus S mobile is not under any kind of virus attack. You can download Antivirus app from Android Market, either a free version or paid as per your requirement. Or else connect your mobile phone to computer which is having a good antivirus and scan your mobile like you scan any other portable device.

According to me the apps are getting uninstalled automatically because they might have got corrupted or when you are trying to run them, the icons are unable to locate the exact location where they were saved, kind of forgetting the file structure and creating the issue. So, I would suggest you to uninstall the apps from your mobile and remove all the traces of it from your device. Once you done with this, if you wish to get them back, download the apps from the Android Market and install them in your LG Optimus S mobile phone.

You should probably check the version of the Firmware of your LG Optimus S mobile. You can check the following by navigating to the following path: Homescreen > Settings > About Phone > SW Version. Then connect your device to computer system with all the drivers related to your mobile installed in it. Check for firmware update and if you find any, install the update in your system to get optimum performance from your LG Optimus S mobile phone. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the updation to get complete.

I suspect that your file structure on your SD card might have got damaged or corrupted and that is why you are facing this issue with your installed apps. The only solution to this issue at the moment is to format your SD card and start everything from trash. Before formatting your SD card, make sure that you have taken backup of all the necessary files and folders. You can format the SD card in your Android running phone by navigating to the following path: Home Screen > Settings > "SD Card & Phone Storage" > UnMount SD Card > FORMAT.

Thank you all for those lovely replies. I genuinely appreciate your time and efforts. But I did not find the process of formatting my memory card and checking out for the result, doing the trick for me. I am super irritated with this so, I have decided to visit the LG mobile store and get my phone either repaired, if its repairable or replaced for a new working one. Anyways I have got the mobile phone under warranty, so that would definitely help me solve the issue for free.