Thread: Verizon lg ally silent mode update issue with froyo

Verizon lg ally silent mode update issue with froyo

I have LG ally, after installing the android 2.2 operating system code –named froyo and I update it couple of weeks ago. My phone no longer has a silent mode. When I press the volume button all the way down ranging from low volume to vibrate. When the power button to display this shutdown option and click on silent mode, put the phone on vibrate .Has this happened to anyone else? Is there simply no way to silence or is there something wrong with my phone?

Re: Verizon lg ally silent mode update issue with froyo

I’m also using LG ally and I m also having similar problem when I update to android os 2.2 my phone no longer support silent mode.Initally I thought im doing something wrong but when someone said me your doing it correctly than I thought might be it hardware or software problem. I went to LG Nearest service center showed them my LG ally cellphone and told them the exact situation. They replaced my phone and gave me new one.

Nothing happening after I did following things in my LG ally cellphone. By Sliding the lever of sound in the lock screen to the left, do the subsequent to switch the phone between sound and silent mode. My partner does not seem to have a silent sound or vibration only mode .my vortex does the same and so it is dissimilar brand of android. I have in my computer lab. It must be performance with android 2.2. I think need to contact LG Support.

I brought LG ally ten days ago I started facing different problem in my phone. initially in beginning it was running operating system 2.1 and I was facing problem to shut my data roaming than I upgraded to android operating system version 2.2 codename froyo than it started working .After upgrading I was not able to put it on silent mode . I found that we need The Tasker application to set the volume to silent on Froyo, so at least the alternative is still there it's just secreted.

I was also facing the similar problem on my LG ally cellphone. Following are the steps you have to change Vibrate to never to get the sound to go from volume to silent.
    1. Push the menu button.
    2. Tap Settings.
    3. Tap Sounds.
    4. Tap Vibrate.
    5. Tap Never.