Thread: Google CR-48 Tethering with android phone

Google CR-48 Tethering with android phone

Right now I am using the Google CR-48 netbook in order to brose web and use some web related applications. I really find this device as useful for internet usage. As you know that right now it is running with later Chrome OS. However I carry my Cr-48 along with wherever I go. When I go outside I can’t use internet there because there is no wifi hotspot. But right now I have android phone. My intention is to tether my CR-48 with my android phone to use access internet from it. I heard that it is possible but I don’t know how. My android phone is HTC Hero CDMA Version 2.3.3

Re: Google CR-48 Tethering with android phone

i have been wireless tethering my google CR-48 for the previous few weeks without any problems. I have downloaded tethering program from the android market place and by the use of it with my t-mobile Samsung galaxy s, i make use of it while i come to an end of my Verizon 100mb, and as a result i believe this laptop is excellent. I utilize it over my acer netbook for the reason that the CR-48 has extremely good battery life up to now. Thanks to the maker of it.

If you have owned the Motorola Droid then you can make use of usb tether through the CR-48, however. On the basis of which ROM you employ, if it has USB tethering automatically, you simply connect the cable toward the CR-48, open wireless & networks inside the settings, and choose tethering. If your ROM does not encompass that automatically there is an android application for USB tethering extremely alike to the android-wifi-tether application that I had achievement with formerly.

The recent reports say that the Verizon as well as AT&T have gotten Google to block gadgets on top of their network from installing tethering applications from the Android market or from any other source. You would need to run dissimilar ROM (similar to CyanogenMod) in order to tether. The networks are demanding to come across improved techniques to track/block people that are informally tethering however, therefore no method to inform how long it will end otherwise if they will come across a technique to invoice for it.

Wifi tethering really does work through the CR-48 still, I have utilized my Nexus S as well as Palm Pre to accomplish it. I notice the choice, chosen it, and the notebook still recognized it as an Ethernet. The trouble is it wouldn't essentially connect to whichever webpage. The assist preference on my mobile phone referred toward a website that essentially said Verizon needs me to shell out $20/month intended for 2GB of tethering/hotspot data.

I love that I can make use of the integrated 3G on CR-48 to obtain internet. Most of the moment I have way in to wifi, except I was within the car at the moment (not driving) riding up to office. I observed my wifi tether application on my OG Moto Droid functioned through the CR-48 wouldn't connect. Made the CR-48 doesn't hold up Ad-hoc mode, which is the barely mania the OG droid does support. However the wired tethering application that I'm using presently and works enormous, since it makes a USB Ethernet connection toward droid.

I've found the USB tethering application from my older Touch Pro 2 (Windows Mobile 6.5.x) to work with basically hooking it inside. On the other hand, utilizing the Wifi Sharing app it doesn't prove the SSID and, while offered with password, merely loops in trying to connect to it except not at all essentially does. Through my other laptop the Wifi Sharing doesn't function for the reason that the administrator rights are set to not permit our devices to connect toward ad-hoc devices.