Thread: Toshiba Mini Notebook NB500: Wi-Fi connection drops

Toshiba Mini Notebook NB500: Wi-Fi connection drops

Hey hi friends, 5 days ago I bought new Toshiba Mini Notebook NB500. And now I am having the continuous problem with the Wi-Fi connection. The problem is that It repeatedly drops the connection to my Belkin N1 router and also it is knocking out the connection for the other devices like Smartphone’s & digibox. For resolving this I had also visited on the Toshiba web site and found their tech support but I not get any proper suggestion from there. They are suggesting me for the new machine and now I am not prepared for buying the new case for it. I think that anyone will help me over here.

Re: Toshiba Mini Notebook NB500: Wi-Fi connection drops

I would like to know that is this thng is happening with you while you preinstalled Windows version from Toshiba or with your own Windows installation. And also have you noticed this problem eco mode or in the normal mode. I8 think in your case, the reasons could be the WLAN power saving setting and also the connection get lost after a certain time. This thing will help you a lot if you are going to update the WLAN driver.

Hey, my NB500 is running on the pre installed version of Windows 7 Starter edition, and also I have already updated the WLAN driver, but still I am facing the same problem. And also I am having the problem as it shows the connectivity for the wi fi to all other devices like smartphones & digibox. For resolving this thing I have rebooted my router this morning. After this I have started the Netbook up and after this it had connected with the gmail Ok. But still it is refused to connect to twitter, either directly or via tweetdeck. I also have tell this problem to my friends and one of them told me to connecting via the ethernet port, to make sure that lack of the connectivity was specific to the wireless connection. And while I am trying to connect the ethernet cable to my Belkin N1 router caused the router to restart, and it cause to drop the all the connection to my other devices. And after starting this thing this shows that it was working so good, suggesting that the problem is particular to the WLAN connection.
    In this case I really think that there will be some fix about it. and also I think that anyone help me in my case.

I have already done the reset and also I have already installed all windows updates and WLAN driver update. It seems like to be work fine and up till now it's not dropped out yet. And also thanks for the suggestion, they really work for me. And now I am sure that I will newer face this type of the problem.

I think that after following the above suggestion everything will be OK now. And one thing more about it that is be careful with the Windows updates installation. I am telling you this thing because many times I ahd seen that there is WLAN driver is listed there as optional installation. This thing may happens that such type of the driver have installed before and your issue was due to the WLAN issue. For this make sure that you are using the Toshiba drivers only. And also good luck for that.

Hey thanks for your reply, because all things are working fine now and I think that I will never face thi type of the problem again.

In your case, I am sure that there is some problem with the driver which you have installed for the connection to the Wi-Fi. Here I will also suggest you that try to make sure that you are using the right driver for the connection, if yes then try to update them for your support. If you are thinking make the connection with the help of the other WLan driver. But here also I will suggest you for the checking the latest update for that. I think that update only can help you In your case. If again you face this problem then I would like to say you to check for the latest update. I am suggesting you again for the update because of latest update can only fix the bugs in the driver.