Thread: How to restore original LG Optimus M factory software?

How to restore original LG Optimus M factory software?

I am having LG Optimus M, which I brought last month. I had done rooting my phone and then removed some of the unwanted stuffs. Now, as the android market does not work, I am not able to connect to the computer through the USB cable. I also tried using the USB cable driver in LGMS690 zip file, but it did not worked for me. So I want to return to my original factory settings, that I got when I purchased the phone. Is there any way that getting something on my MicroSD card would solve the issue?

Re: How to restore original LG Optimus M factory software?

Before you start up with anything manually, it is better to take an advice or read the user guides properly before making any changes in the factory restore option. As sometimes you could make the phone not to work properly, and increase the issue. If you are not able to make any settings manually then take to the shop from where you brought it. Tell that you would like to downgrade your settings back to the original.

I think you should need to search in the Android community, where you could get a “Stock” for Optimus M. get the ROM and watch the user instructions to reinstall the Stock in your phone. By going through this, this will take your Optimus M back to the old stock and then you would be able to run the USB drives and the market. Also you might get any updates for the future. This will be helpful if you need any updates in future.

You can make a hard reset to your Optimus phone and get the original factory settings back. You can follow the below steps to make a reset.
    To manually reset the factory settings, go into the menu option under the home screen. There you will find the settings option, select that and under that you will find the privacy settings. In privacy option select the Factory Data Reset option. If you are prompted with the password, then enter your password. After entering your password select the erase everything option to confirm it. And then reset your phone by selecting the volume down, home and power button.

If you find your phone not giving any response or hanging up or gets frozen, then only the hard reset is applicable. Other way you can reset is, just turn off your phone and take the battery out. After that insert it again. For turning on your phone press the volume down, home and the power button. You will get the instructions on the screen to reset your Optimus M, just follow the instruction given. Once your phone restoring is completed, your phone will automatically restart. After rebooting all your factory settings will be switched to the original one.

Before you reset your factory settings, make sure that you back up all your contacts into the micro SD card. You can do this by going into the contacts and select export all to the SD card. You will be able to save all your contacts and photos. After resetting it you can transfer it from the SD card to the phone by going in to the contacts and then selecting the import from SD card. If clock mode recovery is there in your phone then it is not recommended to do a factory reset.

Hi,
    I need to install a complete OS on my LG Optimus M.
    Resetting it doesn't help--the OS is not functional.
    If I had a functional OS, maybe I could root or adb or something.
    I can fastboot into a modem mode, but that is somehow different than fastbooting mode--for example, the serial number isn't available that way and the device has a different name (Modem instead of Device).
    I don't have a windows machine; I have a mac.
    Does anyone have any methods for making the phone properly boot into a real fastboot mode as a device or boot from the sdcard?
    Thanks,
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smcguffee View Post
    Hi,
    I need to install a complete OS on my LG Optimus M.
    Resetting it doesn't help--the OS is not functional.
    If I had a functional OS, maybe I could root or adb or something.
    I can fastboot into a modem mode, but that is somehow different than fastbooting mode--for example, the serial number isn't available that way and the device has a different name (Modem instead of Device).
    I don't have a windows machine; I have a mac.
    Does anyone have any methods for making the phone properly boot into a real fastboot mode as a device or boot from the sdcard?
    Thanks,
    Sean
    Can you try the manual method to update it to the android version by going in to “Home” > “Menu” > “Settings” > “About phone” > “System updates”. Press “Restart & Install”. Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.

That would require an operating system on the phone that would have a "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "About phone" > "System updates" type of menu on it. Currently, this phone has no functional operating system with any menus.

Quote Originally Posted by smcguffee View Post
    That would require an operating system on the phone that would have a "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "About phone" > "System updates" type of menu on it. Currently, this phone has no functional operating system with any menus.
    Alright, can you try to perform the below steps to resolve the issue:

• First of all take out the battery!! And leave it out!!
    • After that open the LG Update Tool software.
    • Next you have to click "Customer Support" >> "Recovery Phone"
    • After that just select the model number of your mobile phone, look under the battery and type in the serial number.
    • Then, it Will open a new window, and search for the phone.
    • After that replace battery and turn it on.
    • Now, connect the USB (with it on) and click "Retry" to search for the phone.

This will help by reinstalling a new flash for the phone and return it to OEM.