Thread: Right click in Opera 11 for Windows 7 Tablet

Right click in Opera 11 for Windows 7 Tablet

> I am using a Opera's tablet edition for 7 and I am not able to perform right click on it or say I am not getting the way to use right click I have already tried Google but unfortunately it did not helped me out. So I just wanted to know that how to perform I right click using the touch screen in order To open new tab rather than just navigating to the other page and is there any other way to minimize the window rather than using the ctrl-esc every time. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Right click in Opera 11 for Windows 7 Tablet

The problem with the right click is that the Opera Mobile has its own implementation but when you use a mouse as an input device for your Opera Mobile and then try to click and just try to hold the left mouse button then you will get a popup menu it same as the way Windows 7 perform while using a touch-based input but here when you use touch input then right click takes it precedence over the Opera Mobile's and as the Opera Mobile don’t have a Windows-style right-click menu nothing appears to happen.

Have you tried pressing and holding your finger on the screen for a while say double the time as compared to a normal touch, sometime you have to hold and press until the circle finishes going round. These are the standard clicking method and they should work fine as well. I have not heard your kind of issue before so you can just try to perform as I have said and check if you are able to perform it well. Best of luck.

As far as I know the opera is likely to distinguish between the long and the short left clicks where as on the other hand the Windows basically changes the long left click to the right click whenever we use touch input and because of this issue the Opera fails to receive the long left click and doesn’t provide you a context menu to open at all. Hope you got the problem now.

There is a method to get the context menu. What all you have to do is just press and hold your finger on the screen for a while as if you are performing the right click and keep it even after the circle is completed and then just move your finger a bit keeping your finger still on the screen by this the tablet will register a finger displacement and then the displacement will lead the window to think that the cursor have been moved in a wrong way which then cancel your right click action and now the windows is now able to detect long key press and then creates its own circle and once the circle is full and after you release your finger then you will be presented with the context menu. Hope this will help you.

I don’t think anyone would like to perform this every time they want to do a right click but I think it is basically useful for actions sometime that you don't performed often for example when you try to add a website to the Speed Dial but you may require some practice in order to roll your finger because if you will roll your finger too far then Opera will not register it as a valid input just like the Windows does.