Thread: Battery not charging in chrombook CR-48

Battery not charging in chrombook CR-48

Hey I own a google chromebook and that’s very good working, but since last two days, I left it alone and because of that its battery seems exhausted absolutely. And now I am trying to charge it since last two days, but it is not charging any more, and I think the battery is completely damaged, and now I have to make use of the AC power cable, and through that only I have to rum the machine, and because of that I am unable to carry it outside, now what shall I do next? Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Battery not charging in chrombook CR-48

I would say this is very unusual problem that I have ever seen, because I also don’t use my laptop for three to four days thus off course not even charge it at all, but I haven’t faced any such problem yet, I think you’re having this glitch from last couple of days or might be months, but you were not aware actually. first of all you should apply some quick solution, like battery pulling and then reinsert it. and you can many more suggestion if you find it on the internet.

I would say as you have mentioned that the battery is not charging, you should unplug the battery from your Chromebook, and you can do that by Pushing the slider on the bottom to the right to free the battery, re-insert the battery and plug up the power adapter back into the notebook and a power outlet, and see whether the indicator gets the light or not, if not you have to do this at least for 12 times, and if suppose you still getting the same problem then I would say your batter is completely damaged.

See this might be possible that the battery is alright but any of the circuit in the machine is damaged, I was having the same problem, I also think the same as you like the battery is not working, but after some testing I get that the battery is perfectly all right and the problem is in your charging IC only. I would suggest you the same like you should first make sure that the battery is working perfectly in your notebook, before taking any steps.

Exactly, I would also say the same, as you should check all the things in your laptop, and after that if suppose you find that there is some problem in the battery you can have the option like either you can buy the new battery or you can simply replace the one you have. And replacement is the best option according to me, as if you have the warranty remain for your hardware, you’ll get it for free of cost. You can visit their service center for further help.