Thread: Samsung Chromebook Fan noise

Samsung Chromebook Fan noise

As far as I know that the Samsung Chromebook does not differ significantly from the prototype CR-48 from December 2010. It was a little thinner and more pleasing, but once you see from the updated Atom processor, then it is more or less still the same device. The new device may look good and nice but I think that still there are some small issues in that. While I was checking the Samsung chromebook I have heard that there is some kind of Fan noise. Does anybody else notice this thing?

Re: Samsung Chromebook Fan noise

I don’t think that there is any kind of sound making fan inside the Samsung chromebook. I think that there is something else that is making noise. May be the power adapter fault or something from the speaker if it has one. Furthermore ask for the help from Samsung or Google to know more about your device what kind of peripheral included in this. I really don’t think that the Fan is making buzzing noise there.

Is it possible to programmatically reduce the number of turns cooler?To control the fan speed on the Acer netbook has created a program AA1FanControl
    Unpack the archive with the program, set TVicPortInstall41.exe.
    • Restart the notebook;
    • Run AA1Fancontrol;
    • Change the threshold for the fan to high values

If this didn't help you then you should try reducing the Fan voltage and reducing the speed to the Fan. it may help you to resolve the issue.

The electrical components of a computer generate heat and the internal fan helps to circulate the air so that these components maintain a normal temperature while remaining operational. An inadequate cooling system can cause excessive heat that forces the fan to run continuously, can damage components and reduce the CPU speed. All problems related to power and heat are high so that applications run more slowly than usual. The noise of a fan constantly on task is the first sign of failure of your computer and the possibility that there may be an excessive amount of dust accumulated in the vents.

The notebook computers are equipped with ventilation channels on the bottom and sides to allow air to circulate in the frame. If the ventilation ducts become clogged or components that generate heat are dusty, the fan cannot cool the components effectively. Accumulations of dust and debris preventing air to circulate around the cooling devices and, therefore, the fan is forced to run more than it should. If the ventilation channels are dusty, your computer must be cleaned by blowing away the dust that has accumulated around the fan and the heat shield. This prevents any accumulation of dust

Appeared extraneous noise in your laptop when you turn the cooling fan? So, it's time to replace it. The reason is the noise impeller bearing wear, which is why there is radial run-out on the axis of rotation, and the impeller begins to affect the elements of the cooler, emitting a different sound: rattle, rustle, squeak or rattle. Rotational speed at the same time decreases, worsening the heat-removing cooling elements, which will inevitably lead to overheating and damage to the laptop.

Have the same problem with a brand-name notebook. 2x fan was replaced and even the board. Fan was always excessively loud. Was then momentarily louder, and then seconds later he was just very quiet to overheat and then switch off automatically and continuously. Unfortunately, it is not without a special tool to the fan so that it always had to be sent to manufacturers. Software to control fan does not help, because with the device, as with most notebooks, it is not possible to control the fan. And with these devices, like mine, such problems are inevitable due to faulty construction.