Thread: Time not changed in the LG Optimus M

Time not changed in the LG Optimus M

I got my new LG Optimus phone recently. Yesterday when the time changed due to daylight savings, my phone did not change the tome automatically. I searched through my phone, so that I can change the time settings manually. But I didn’t find anything. Is there any way to change the time on my phone automatically or I need to change it manually, and how can I change it manually?

re: Time not changed in the LG Optimus M

The time is usually picked up from the network you are using, and will change the time automatically. Sometimes if the network is hanged up you will not be able to change the time accordingly. If you are still not getting the time changed then try it using the power cycle. This means turn off your phone and then turn it on again. This should automatically update your current time from the network you are using.

Yes, the same thing happened to me when I woke up yesterday morning. The time was showing me the old time. I had tried many alternative ways to fix this out, but I could not get into it. Some of my friends told me to download a time application, which would fix this problem. But instead of downloading the application. I thought of rebooting my phone once. And I was surprised to see that my time had automatically changed to the current time.

You can change your automatic updates if you want, but changing the automatic updates is highly dependent upon your network.
    If you want to turn on/off your automatic update, then follow the steps below:
    Press the Menu key in the home screen, after that go in to settings and select date and time option from it. If you want to turn on then click select or if you want to turn off then select clear the checkbox field.

If you want to change the time manually, then follow the below steps:
    Get into the settings options from the menu screen, and from there select date and time option, clear the check box against the Automatic option. After clearing the automatic option, set the date first and then set the time and then select set. Manually setting the time does not depend on the network.

Re: Time not changed in the LG Optimus M

There is an application “clocksync” which would help you to get the time correctly. For doing this you must first have a root access to your phone. You will not find any other option other than rooting your phone. You can also go into the settings and then updating your profile. By doing so, the phone will automatically find the location you are present at and then adjust the time you are having currently. Also you need to update the PRL and the PRI.