Thread: The Chromebook is not a computer

The Chromebook is not a computer

I feel like we should clarify real quickly for people that want the Chromebook to do more than it can do. The Chromebook is not a computer. The Chromebook is made to put it just portable internet. It is like a smart phone, but with a bigger screen, full-size keyboard, and it can't make phone calls. In other words, think of it as an oversized Smartphone on AT&T. So I think that it cannot be considered as computer though it looks like that. What your view to this. Reply.

Re: The Chromebook is not a computer

If we refer today’s definition then the calculator cannot be considered as the computer but both the Cromebook or calculators are nothing but the computational devices. So I also agree with you that it cannot be considered as the computer. It’s like some smarphone which is bigger in size. It’s my point of view for this. Lets see what other people think about this in upcoming posts.

According to the Dictinary.com, a computer can be defined as a processor or it can be called as an electronic device which is able to accept the data and perform some mathematical as well as logical operations on that data in very less time and show the result of that operation. If we go technically then we can say that chromebooks is very similar to the computers. Though it is not having all the functionality as a normal computer has but then also it is very close to it.

I am having the Android smart phone that can run several programs at a time and can run the word, spreadsheets, video, and pictures. It can also edit the images. So if I compare that with my phone then it is it is a bit lacking from my phone so how can I compare this with the computer. It is still far away from the computer and there is no question that we will compare that with a high class computer. It just looks like computer but it is not the computer.