Thread: Unable to install USB drivers of LG Optimus V

Unable to install USB drivers of LG Optimus V

Hey guys, recently my cousin brother purchased the all new LG Optimus V mobile phone. He need to connect his mobile phone to his Windows 7 running computer system so that he will be able to transfer data between his mobile phone and his computer. So he installed the necessary USB Drivers of him mobile in his PC. All went smoothly and we even saw the “Installed Successfully” notification. But when we are trying to connect the mobile phone to the PC, I am unable to do so. Does anyone know, what must be causing this issue?

Re: Unable to install USB drivers of LG Optimus V

I would recommend you to use the original LG Phone Support tool inorder to install the original USB drivers for your LG Optimus V mobile phone in your computer system. Make sure that you are following all the on screen instructions and that too in a right manner in order to properly install the USB drivers in the computer system. You must have received the original CD of the LG phone tools along with all the accessories at the time of purchase.

If you are unable to find the Drivers CD along with phone box and accessories, then I you should probably contact the retailer who sold you the mobile phone and ask from him for all the required accessories. But if the phone accessories did not consisted of the Drivers CD, then you will have to visit the nearest LG store and purchase the required Drivers CD, also known as the LG Phone Support tools and then use it to install the necessary USB drivers for your Optimus V mobile.

Thank you, guys for replying so quickly to my post. It was very kind of you to have a look at my query and spend so much of your quality time and energy to post the suggestions. They were very helpful and must say bang on target. But now I have got another doubt regard the cellphone. When I am trying to check for updates for my mobile phone, it is showing that no phone is connected to the system. Can anyone tell me why my system is unable to detect the attached mobile phone.

ZV4 is the latest version is the latest firmware available for your LG Optimus V mobile phone. You can get the update tool by first launching the tool and then plugging in the Optimus V phone into the USB cable when the system is asking to do so. Now make sure that you are not going into the Mass Storage mode. When prompted for Mass Storage, ignore and cancel it. Once you have cancelled the mass storage option, the system will automatically connect your mobile and recognize your phone and inform you about the version of firmware which is running in your LG mobile.

i was also not able to connect my LG mobile with my computer system using the LG mobile Software tool. After few failures i came across this one thing called OTA (Over The Air) which helped me update my mobile . you will be receiving updates directly to your mobile through wireless connection. So, if you are searching for USB drivers, to perform update in your mobile, then i would suggest you to try the OTA service.